Capital Associates Program (CAP)
The Capital Associates Program (CAP) is a highly selective three-year global rotational program at Capital Group, one of the world’s leading investment management firms. At Capital Group, our mission is to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We invest in public companies and fixed-income securities around the globe and are challenged with bringing unique perspectives and long-term thinking to our research and decision making. CAP is an opportunity for early career individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to learn and contribute to this mission by gaining direct exposure to investment management. All majors are welcome, and a background in finance is not necessary.
The mission of CAP is to develop great investors and future leaders within key operational roles at Capital Group. We do that by providing extensive structured training and an ability to work with and learn from experienced investors and associates.
CAP is based in Asia, Europe and the US. From there, rotations will take you to different offices around the world, reflecting the global nature of investing and Capital Group.
CAP offers you the chance to:
- Learn more about public market investing through a variety of assignments in investment research and related departments, while also getting a lot of responsibility early.
- Get personalized career coaching and professional development, in-house investment courses, training workshops and CFA sponsorship.
- Challenge yourself to learn to think like an investor, and demonstrate excellence and independent thinking in your qualitative and quantitative work.
- Work at a nonprofit of your choice for four months while getting paid by Capital Group.
While you don’t have to stay on at Capital Group after CAP, we work with you to identify great long-term placements based on who you are, what you’ve learned, and the needs of the business. Graduates of our rotation programs have had long investment careers or moved in to other compelling roles at Capital Group, left to pursue other interesting careers, and been admitted to the world’s top graduate schools.
Undergraduate students in their final year of study (US: college seniors)/2021 grads and those with up to 1-year of related experience post-graduation are invited to apply. All majors are welcome: we’re looking for thought leaders across all disciplines.
The deadline to apply is October 2, 2020. Please submit the following documents:
Transcript (An unofficial copy is sufficient) - please attach under the "work sample" field once you apply.
Instead of a traditional cover letter, please submit a 1-2 paragraph answer to ONE of the following questions:
- A resume and a transcript only tell part of the story. What else should we know about you that makes you a great candidate for CAP?
- Do you have a prior interest in investing? Tell us more about that.
- What’s a topic that you are passionate about? With three months and resources, how would you explore this topic?