Tennis Instructor - Springs
How you will contribute to our Purpose:
The Y’s purpose is to strengthen community. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. There are lots of places to work, but few opportunities to do work that really matters. Not only will you have the chance to help children, youth and adults of all ages reach their potential, you’ll be making a huge difference in your community as well.
As a Tennis Instructor, you play a critical role in planning, organizing and instructing individual and group tennis lessons to meet the ability levels of each student. You are responsible for providing a safe and positive environment for participants to learn and grow their skills. The Tennis Instructor reports to the Youth & Family Director. This is a part-time role based out of the Dripping Springs YMCA.
Pay Rate: $10.00-$19.00 per hour, depending on experience
$13.00-$25.00 per hour for private sessions
What are the details?
- Supervising children from ages 3 up to adults.
- Maintaining and cleaning programming spaces by assisting in court maintenance, set up and take down of tennis-specific equipment.
- Creating and teaching lessons based on the participant's skill level
- Provide safe and positive standards.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the Purpose:
- Education and Experience: You have knowledge of tennis rules, techniques, and instructional approaches. You are able to apply your knowledge to each participant’s lesson. It is preferred that you are certified in CPR/Basic First Aid as well as have a Sports Official certification. You are able to work with children and adults.
- Teamwork: You are a team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude and you are able to work well with others.
- Organized and Productive: You are organized, able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments. You are able to keep accurate records and schedules.
- Strong Communicator: You listen for understanding and meaning. You speak and write effectively. You are able to solve conflicts or issues that may arise in an efficient and professional manner.
- Availability: You are able to work a flexible schedule during operational hours.
- Individual membership to all YMCA's of Austin (over $600.00/year value)
- Flexible schedules
- Resume builder
- Paid training hours
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee Discounts on programs and more.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The YMCA of Austin provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YMCA of Austin complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.