Homelessness Initiatives Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Housing Initiatives
Basic Functions: Support the county-wide implementation, maintenance and expansion of Denton County’s Coordinated Entry System (CES), serving as community lead for homelessness data management and visualization in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and the public-facing Denton County Homelessness Data Dashboard.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support goal of the Denton County Homelessness Leadership Team to improve homelessness data management
- Responsible for monthly update and maintenance of client data in the HMIS Housing Priority List
- Aggregate, analyze and visualize Denton County homelessness data through the Denton County Homelessness Data Dashboard
- Co-facilitate bi-weekly homelessness case conferencing meetings and Homelessness Leadership Team’s Housing and Data Workgroup meetings among Denton County nonprofit and social service organizations
- Promote system wide communication on HMIS Housing Priority List in order to help fill program vacancies from community prioritization standards
- Support continuous improvement of Denton County’s CES
- Collaborate with the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care lead agency, the Texas Homeless Network, to onboard and train new CES Assessors and Front Door agencies serving Denton County
- Regularly update local CES training and education materials
- Provide training and technical support to Denton County social service organizations reporting data into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Guide UWDC internships with data and homelessness related projects
- Serve as the HMIS Administrator for the United Way of Denton County
- Collaborate with the Texas Balance of State Continuum of Care lead agency, the Texas Homeless Network, serving as Denton County’s local HMIS liaison
- Facilitate new agency/user applications for Denton County social services agencies utilizing HMIS
- Assist in planning and operationalizing the yearly Point In Time Count for Denton Count and all events/meetings prior to and after the day of the count
- Other duties as assigned
- Work or Educational Experience Options
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in homelessness intervention/prevention social service delivery or community wide CES implementation or related field.
- Undergraduate degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Graduate degree with at least 1 year of relevant experience
- Experience utilizing cloud-based database systems; experience with a local Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and/or the ClientTrack database system a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively facilitate groups with diverse representation of professional backgrounds
- Proven ability to partner effectively with multiple organizations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (including Microsoft Excel)
- Action-oriented, organized self-starter with the ability to take direction and adhere to project timelines
- Work will be performed across variety of locations in Denton County; must have your own vehicle and a valid Driver’s License and automobile insurance.
- Subject to criminal history background check
Please send cover letter and resume (pdf only please) by 5:00 p.m., Friday, August 21st, 2020 to Elena Lusk, Director of Housing Initiatives at Elena@unitedwaydenton.org or 1314 Teasley Lane, Denton TX 76205.