Embedded SW Engineering Intern
Are you a hands-on DIY fan to solve phone/computer/electronics problems by yourself? Do you love poking/hacking around to find fix/workaround and do reverse engineering to find root cause? If this sounds like you, we believe a role on the System Debug team will be the right place for you!
We are looking for an Embedded SW Engineering intern. This position will develop SW for debugging purpose, and debug system problems using SW tools. The system problems involve board level issues, core silicon, and SW on iPhone / iPad / Mac etc. We'd be interested in having a student who can start in Fall 2020 with our team for a year, but can be flexible with your schedule.
- Education in CS, CE, EE or related fields.
- Experience in embedded software development.
- Good programming skills in low-level language such as C, and any scripting language (Python, Perl, Shell, Tcl or similar). Assembly is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Schedule driven. Active/positive, eager to learn and explore attitudes.
- Ownership and leadership to drive the solution of complex problems across multiple teams and domains.
- Enjoy a fast paced dynamic environment (quick turn around time, modification of schedule to meet new needs).
Good/Plus to have:
- Experiences on board bring up, debugging embedded system problems.
- Understanding on booting process, general knowledge of OS/RTOS
- Using JTAG SW debugging tools, symbol level debugging environments (lldb/gdb).
- Ability to build and work with RTOS tools & environments (such as iOS/Android/QNX).
- Knowledge/driver development experiences on HW interfaces such as uart/usb/i2c/SPI.
Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace