Intern, Human Resources
The AVG internship is an opportunity for an undergraduate student to get his or her foot in the door of a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment building the AVG brand and community. This a desirable industry and post, and the selection process is highly selective.
Interns may have the opportunity to attend company trips, outings, lunches, etc. based on the timing of their cohort. Interns will also be invited to multiple “Lunch & Learns” throughout the program. Lunch & Learns are with high-level members of AVG and are a more informal way for interns to learn about venture capital, entrepreneurship, and the business world.
This application is for our Fall Quarter cohort in our Human Resources Department. This is an unpaid position with 40 hours/week expected. Current positions are remote. We do not provide housing.
- Current undergraduate student
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to learn
- Attention to detail in execution
- Superb time management
- Highly coachable
- Good listener
- High EQ
- Reliable, meeting deadlines and expectations
- Communicates well with colleagues and manager
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help
- Help us with mission-critical projects
- Lead and manage new and existing initiatives
- Collaborate across departments on HR centered projects (examples: payroll, recruiting, policy creation, employee relations, etc.)
- Support the HR department with compliance matters
- Excel skills
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Experience using a payroll platform or Applicant Tracking System
- Understanding of Confidentiality requirements