2020-2021 Lakes Region Conservation Corps
The Lakes Region Conservation Corps (LRCC) is an AmeriCorps service program that develops skills and experiences for conservation professionals. Lakes Region Conservation Corps members are the driving force behind many of the conservation efforts in New Hampshire's Lakes Region. The Lakes Region Conservation Corps has 8 full-year positions available at the following host sites:
· Green Mountain Conservation Group - Effingham, NH (2 full-year positions)
· Squam Lakes Association - Holderness, NH (6 full-year positions)
Key responsibilities include:
· Engage both youth and adults in environmental education.
· Recruit and lead volunteer crews.
· Work toward the eradication of invasive species in the lakes and surrounding watershed.
· Maintain and construct regional trail networks.
· Develop conservation protocols and reports.
· Must be 18 years of age by November 2, 2020
· Able to work independently and with a group
· Must be a US citizen, US national, or legal permanent resident
· Must clear all required national service criminal history checks
· Must be a high school graduate, GED recipient, or be working towards obtaining one during term of service
· Must apply online
November 2, 2020 through August 25, 2021.
Training/Support provided to all host sites (other trainings provided based on host site):
· NH Safe Boating certification
· NH Commercial boating license
· Wilderness First Aid & CPR certifications
· Living allowance: $200 weekly, distributed biweekly (before taxes)
· Student loan forbearance for qualifying loans
· AmeriCorps Education Award received upon completion of specified term length and a minimum 1700 hours, $6,095 (full-year).
· Provided housing with kitchen facilities, or a housing allowance dependent on host site
*Individual host sites may require additional qualifications, or provide site-specific trainings. The provision of these trainings are contingent upon the operation of the organizations hosting them, which may be impacted due to COVID-19
To Apply and Learn More:
For more information or to apply please visit our website at LakesRegionConservationCorps.org or contact Danielle Plumlee, AmeriCorps Program Manager, at DPlumlee@Squamlakes.org.