Location: Boston or Duxbury (due to COVID – current position is primarily remote)
Crossroads inspires young people to unlock their potential and positively impact the world. We believe that young people can shape their own futures and should not be defined by their social and economic circumstances. We engage youth in programming that allows them to experience the power of community, while developing the essential skills needed to successfully navigate school and the postsecondary arena. Each year, we serve over 1,100 young people from Boston, Brockton and the South Shore who participate in year-round residential programming, over multiple years, and focus on four areas of development: Social-Emotional Learning, Leadership, Civic Engagement and Postsecondary Access and Success.
The Finance Director ensures that Crossroads/C5 National has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and is in compliance with regulatory and GAAP requirements. This position is hands-on, and prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
This role provides leadership to enable Crossroads/C5 National to achieve profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives. The Finance Director is responsible for oversight of all accounting and reporting activities, the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The position involves leadership over general accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, fund accounting, and budgetary controls and also entails maintaining the financial system to ensure accurate, complete and consistent financial statements. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The ideal candidate for this position has a bachelor’s degree in finance and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. It is preferred that the candidate have experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge software. The candidate should be flexible, work well under pressure, have strong communication skills, detail oriented, ability to plan ahead, understanding of payroll, a strong team player and be mission focused.
• Manage the Finance team and oversee the management of financial transactions, including accounts payables and receivables, banking, investments and payroll.
• Lead and manage annual audit process.
• Oversee maintenance of effective internal controls to safeguard assets and assure reliability of financial statements.
• Manage State and Federal reporting requirements.
• Support the COO and President to develop annual and long-range plans to support and advance Crossroads financial strategic goals.
• Collaborate with COO and President to develop short- and long-term financial strategy, including the design of financial models, budgets, analysis, forecasts, and presentations in order to inform and drive decisions by Crossroads leadership as well as the Finance and Investment Committee.
• Administer various HR plans and procedures for company personnel, including benefit program,
including health, dental, Life, LTD, STD insurance and Simple IRA.
• Ensure that the finance team sustains a culture of integrity, respect teamwork and collaboration.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field. Professional certification, such as a CPA and/or MBA
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and preferred experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge software.
• Excellent communication skills with keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to analyze/interpret reports and create solutions to maximize efficiencies and impact.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across departments.
• Have a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt situationally.
• Flexible and willing to contribute when necessary on projects outside of own department.
• Ability to self-direct and prioritize among competing goals and to initiate process improvements.
• Goal-oriented, with strong initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong organization skills and ability to forecast future needs.
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to Crossroads’ mission and values.
We are dedicated to your and your family’s well-being. Crossroads offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter, describing your interest in this role and outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to Joanne Fay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crossroads is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a diverse staff team. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to foster an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.