Entry-Level Accountant | Remote
Shift Markets provides cryptocurrency exchange and brokerage trading technology, liquidity, digital asset listing and tokenization services to a global clientele. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York City, Shift has more than 40 years of cumulative electronic trading experience and an extensive FX broker network.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Accountant/Bookkeeper to handle books and financial statements for one of our subsidiaries. The person in this role will be a vital member of our Finance team, maintaining accurate records of our subsidiary’s day-to-day financial transactions and performing routine accounting tasks.
As our Accountant/Bookkeeper, you are excited about working with cryptocurrency and you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This could be a great opportunity if you're just starting a career or making a career change.
• Maintain accurate books
• Process accounts payable and receivable
• Record daily financial entries and reconciliations
• Work with general ledger entries
• Maintain income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement
• Complete monthly close of financial statements
• Discuss and present financial statements for internal team and for executives
• Manage invoices and tax payments
• Record payments and adjustments
• Outstanding communication skills
• Detail-oriented and well-organized
• Accurate and efficient
• Analytical thinker
• Excellent data analysis skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Additional language skills are always an asset in our global business
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Documents and other web-based tools
• Knowledge of QuickBooks Pro is strongly preferred
• Bookkeeping experience is preferred
• Experience with cryptocurrency preferred
• Degree in accounting is required
• CPA license is preferred
This is a full time, remote-based role. The option to work in our New York office is also open. Full benefits. Salary depends on experience, with the range starting at $55,000.