Parish & Community Relations - Internship
Catholic Charities calls the community to action to join us in addressing the root causes of poverty, hunger, and homelessness by serving, educating, and empowering all those in need.
CCD holds a unique spot in our community, that of a large multi-faceted faith-based social service agency who serves a broad base of people in need. We do a lot of good work that can be told to the community in many ways, but one large way is through building, maintaining, and improving our community relations with Catholic and non-Catholic community stakeholders alike.
By actively participating in the organization of the parish and community relations office, you contribute to the future of our organization. Our community relations are an integral part of how CCD functions! Your efforts will lead to a more engaged, informed, and active community united in the effort to alleviate the suffering of our own community’s brothers and sisters.
- Accurate records management for Catholic parishes, community relationships, and ongoing advocacy informational work
- Database management
- Create marketing content specific for parish and other community constituent communications
- Researching contact information and background information on specific community entities, including but not limited to Catholic parishes
- Contacting community and/or parish leadership to discuss ways of group volunteer involvement with CCD
- Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish), but not required
- Highly motivated & autonomous individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent phone skills
- Having an attitude of helpfulness and courtesy
- High level of computer savvy & an intermediate level of data-entry abilities
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Willingness to be trained as needed