Remote Digital Events Intern
Department: Community Relations
Supervisor: Gislaine Williams, Community Relations Director
Description: The Alliance seeks a highly motivated intern to assist with digital events. The intern will organize virtual content and events for social media platforms to showcase the agency’s programs and educate the general public about the communities we serve.
The intern will gain experience and utilize their skills in:
- This position will assist team members plan, organize, and direct digital events and promotions on behalf of The Alliance such as webinars, Facebook/Instagram Live
- Designing and producing marketing materials for the agency, including event invitations, flyers, and develop social media campaigns to promote the agency's work, recruit volunteers and resources, and highlight the clients we serve
- Recording and editing video footage capturing agency events, programs, staff, and clients to showcase the impact of the agency and help raise awareness about the community
The intern will have the opportunity to develop their skills and be able to contribute to the work The Alliance does to empower refugees, immigrants, and other underserved communities.
- Excellent written communication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of digital platforms e.g. Zoom, Facebook Live, Instagram Live
- Proficiency in Adobe Programs and experience with graphic design
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Interest in community-based non-profit organizations and working with diverse communities
Hours: 10-15 hours/week
Start Date: Flexible. Recruiting Now for Fall 2020 positions. This internship is remote.