Onsite & Managed IT Specialist
Onsite & Managed IT Specialist Responsibilities
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
We are looking for a Onsite & Managed IT Specialist to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our client's expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified IT Specialists will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks.
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS and Azure
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, Hyper-V)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software.
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Will accept part-time to full-time applicants. Compensation is based on experience as will consider entry to mid-level.