ORGANIZED CRIME AND GRAND CORRUPTION PROGRAM DIRECTOR
At C4ADS, we are pushing the bounds of what is possible with open data and technology for national-security and threat-finance research. As the Program Director of the Organized Crime and Grand Corruption Cell, you will be responsible for expanding and elevating the analysis of the Organized Crime and Grand Corruption Cell while managing a team of exceptional analysts.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of analysts working on a variety of projects across the Organized Crime and Grand Corruption Cell
- Manage analytical production across all projects within the Cell
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements to improve cell project tracking, analyst management and organization, and project reporting and the tracking of metrics
- Maintain and improve analytical standards
- Explore and integrate new analytical techniques to elevate the work of the Cell
- Update analytical infrastructure and methods to keep us on the cutting edge of open source analysis
- Liaise with external funders and research partners
- Work in close coordination with Chief Operating Officer, Chief of Analysis, Director of Finance, and Operations Manager to manage the analytical production and the administrative aspects of Organized Crime and Grand Corruption projects
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong project management, organizational, and leadership skills
- Experience managing diverse teams and competing deadlines
- Ability to balance and prioritize varied tasks
- Creativity, passion, and initiative
- Experience with analysis, particularly open source analysis, including the following:
- Experience writing for a diverse group of interested parties
- Strong editing skills
- Ability to brief at a high level
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple types of analysis and sources of information
How We’ll Reward You:
- $80,000 salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary 401k program
- Generous vacation and flex time that focuses on the work, not hours
- Professional development programs that allow you to customize your own courses and build your own development path
- A passionate team that values hard work and is serious about building and maintaining a great culture
If you’re interested in being considered for the Organized Crime and Grand Corruption Program Director position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and answers to the questions included below by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 14, 2020.
Please limit answers to each question to 500 words or fewer.
- Briefly describe your ability to acquire, manipulate, and analyze data, and how this could be applied to issues of international conflict and corruption.
- Name some examples of impressive projects that have used data-driven methods to explore problems of corruption and organized crime. What methodologies and creative applications of data do you admire? How would you build on them?
- What are the most urgent problems associated with illicit networks that you would like to explore?
- How do you build and grow teams? What is the appropriate balance between intellectual freedom, experimentation, and analytical rigor?
- What is one underutilized tool, methodology, data source, or legal mechanism that you believe could be applied more widely in the anti-corruption space?
- If given a team and analytical freedom, what are three of the most important things you would hope to achieve within the field of data-driven anti-corruption within a year?
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please send queries by email to email@example.com.