Video / Editorial Summer Intern
There’s too much negative and divisive media in the world today. InspireMore exists to push back against that negativity by being the world’s leading positive, good news media brand.
Since launching InspireMore in 2014, our stories have been viewed and shared by over 500 million people worldwide. While reaching millions of people is exciting, the end goal that keeps us passionately motivated is impact.
We deeply believe in our mission and we are looking for a like-minded intern to join our team to help us further it. If you’re passionate about spreading hope and good news, keep reading!
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching story ideas that will surprise and delight our community.
- Finding original content from the most inspiring everyday heroes, steadfast parents, creative innovators, and more.
- Gathering information, permission, and quotes through email and social media outreach.
- Conducting yourself in a manner that aligns with the company’s mission to brighten the world and spread hope.
- Other tasks as they arise - we are a tech startup, and our team often wears many hats.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a natural storyteller with an eye for uplifting, engaging details.
- You love social media and keeping up with the latest trends.
- You’re able to spot a viral video, photo, or story before it becomes viral.
- You can write grammatically correct emails.
- You have solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- You’re able to multitask, manage your time efficiently, and meet deadlines.
What would set you apart:
- 1-2 years of experience in some type of media (video, editing, writing).
- Bachelor’s degree or degree in progress (preferably in journalism, communications, or English).
- Your cover letter is selling me on why you’re the right person for this job.
- You did your homework on both InspireMore and Morning Smile. (Psst… this means you should go subscribe to the email)
- You’re passionate about making the world a better place.
Location: This position is fully remote.