Communications and Outreach Intern (10 - 15hrs/week)
Healing with Horses Ranch seeks an intern in the field of marketing, advertising, communications, public relations or equivalent field to coordinate the Healing with Horses Ranch seasonal outreach event (Trick-or-Treat Trail) and manage monthly email campaigns. This position is a commitment of 10 - 15 hours per week for 15 - 17 weeks (the fall semester).
- Create media including flyers and digital content for fall outreach event.
- Soliciting in kind donations for fall outreach event.
- Organize volunteers to prepare facilities for fall outreach event.
- Contact potential organizations and businesses about booth space for fall outreach event.
- Draft, edit, and publish the Healing with Horses Ranch newsletter and Sustaining Donor Update newsletter on a monthly basis.
- Draft, edit, and publish the Grantor Update newsletter on a quarterly basis.
- Other communication and marketing duties as assigned.
- Pursuing a career is Marketing, Development, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent field.
- A person interested in nonprofit and/or equine facilitated activities and therapies.
- Familiar with Gsuite (including Google Meet), Asana, an image editing software, a video editing software, and email marketing platform (preferably MailerLite).
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Willing to commute to Healing with Horses Ranch (10019 FM 973 Manor, Texas) as needed to perform job duties.
- A self started that can manage their time well.
This position is an unpaid, volunteer, position. Applications must be submitted, for the Fall Semester, by July 31st (11:59pm). Qualified candidates will be invited to interview via Google Meet by August 7th. If you have any questions about Healing with Horses Ranch or the Communications and Outreach Internship please reach out to our Director Arianna Roman (firstname.lastname@example.org)