Education Systems Support Analyst
Review, report, and resolve Learning Platform issues for our instructors and students. Provide timely resolutions with a Customer-centric approach, collaborating with sales and engineering to improve processes.
The Support Analyst assesses input from and makes recommendations to internal partners such as the Customer Advocacy Lead, Senior Director of Customer Experience, System Support Engineers, Digital Initiatives Specialists, Sales Specialists, Regional Managers and Sales Representatives, and other Support Analysts. Reports, reviews, and researches issues escalated by the Tier 1 support team; takes ownership of and works customer cases to timely resolution. Identifies trends/patterns of outstanding issues as they occur. Acts as subject matter expert for process improvement initiatives. The Support Analyst provides integration troubleshooting support to instructors and Learning Management System (LMS) administrators.
- 1+ year of experience in internal or external customer support of digital products in a corporate or academic environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability to become quickly acclimated to new digital systems
- Inspires/motivates others to use technology
- Strategizes to meet organizational goals
- Looks for ways to improve/promote quality
- Works collaboratively across groups
- Exhibits varied oral and written communication styles for different audiences
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making processes
- Prioritizes effectively
- Performs well under pressure
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Works well in group problem-solving situations
- Customer focus
- Relationship building/ teamwork
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Innovation and change
- Ability to “read” customer needs
- Ability to work under pressure
- 3+ years of experience in internal or external customer support of digital products in a corporate or academic environment
- 5+ years’ customer service experience
- Experience working with educational technology and instructors
- Experience working with educational publishing and/or Learning Management System
- Experience in support capacity of higher-education institution, or teaching & learning support
- Experience working with technology escalations
- Team lead experience at a contact center
- Experience working with a CRM (customer relationship management system)
- Experience working with Atlasian, Jira
This role requires periods of close concentration, the ability to multi-task, concentrate in a noisy/busy environment, travel occasionally, work overtime - more than 40 hours a week – as needed, and pass a criminal background check.
Macmillan Learning is a part of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, SkyFactor, Late Nite Labs, EBI-MAPworks, i<clicker, REEF and Hayden-McNeil.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels.
The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Bedford, Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC d/b/a Macmillan Learning. Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC has developed an affirmative action program in compliance with the NY Department of Education’s guidance. Portions of the affirmative action program are available for review by applicants and employees by contacting Human Resources at Macmillan Learning.