Program Specialist (Young Professionals Dept.)
The overall purpose of this position is to advance the strategy and programs which support young professional members through the work of the IEEE Young Professional Committee and international Young Professional Affinity Groups. The incumbent in this position develops and maintains subject matter expertise in assigned functional areas and is primarily responsible for leading the planning, execution and assessment of highly visible and global products and services in a portfolio management framework. These services may include publications/newsletters, web based or virtual platforms, career resources, transition services, events, awards and pilot projects based on annual plans.
The role reports to the Manager of Student and Young Professional Programs and does not have direct reports. This position works with volunteers, staff and strategic partners under moderate supervision within a team culture of shared authority.
The position will play a critical role in improving member satisfaction, recruitment and retention, assisting MGA in delivering an outstanding member experience leading to market growth.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
• Project and Product Management
• Creates detailed work plans which identify and document scope and sequence, objectives, resources, and schedule of activities required needed for completion
• Project manages completion of deliverables in collaboration with principal stakeholders
• Produces regular progress reports and maintains all related documentation and analysis
• Compiles and makes presentations
• Ensures goals and objectives are on track and deadlines met
• Assists with budget construction, adherence and administration Communication and, Marketing Materials
• Develops marketing and communication strategies in conjunction with team/stakeholders
• Monitors performance metrics and usage in conjunction with team/stakeholders
• Develops collateral and communications with team/stakeholders
• Reports out to colleagues and volunteers on regular basis
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience education and certifications
2-4 years’ experience in associations or comparable environments
Strong track record of success in product/project management
Skills and Requirements
Ability to shift focus/multi-task in fast paced environment while managing multiple projects
Comfortable working under tight deadlines on both individual and team-based projects
Available for occasional travel to events and meetings -estimated 3x annually
Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and project management applications
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers and vendors
Superior written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational skills