University Co-op Distribution Center Associate Part -Time North Austin
University Co-op Distribution Center Associate:
Part -Time North Austin
Distribution Center - Austin, TX - Seasonal (Near Burnet Road & Research Blvd.)
The University Co-op is an independent bookstore and the largest Longhorn retailer; but we’re more than just a store. As a nonprofit, 100% of the profits from our retail business have benefited the students, faculty and staff at the University of Texas at Austin through funding, sponsorships, academic awards, internship programs, and membership discount.
Our mission is to improve the lives of the students, faculty and staff at the University of Texas at Austin with a business where people love to shop, work, and connect, and the people who work here have made that charitable mission possible for over 120 years.
- Provide world class customer service in daily interactions with external and internal customers.
- Act with integrity and trust, and promote the core Co-op values.
- Receive, process, package, and ship orders accurately.
- Inspect products for defects and damages.
- Examine inbound and outbound shipments.
- Receive, unload and place incoming inventory items appropriately.
- Check, verify and fill product orders.
- Assist with distribution of products to the stores.
- Ensure products are transported and stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Organize stock and maintain inventory back stock.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Abide by all company policy, safety, and hygiene regulations.
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures, communicate any issues to a manager.
- Complete other duties as required or requested based on provided duty guidelines and timelines.
Qualified candidates for the Distribution Associate position will have at minimum a High School Diploma or GED. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years of warehouse or retail experience. Previous warehouse experience is preferred. Candidates for this position must be highly motivated team-players with good organizational skill and strong attention to detail. Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures as well as familiarity of Microsoft Office is preferred, with the ability to learn and utilize new systems.
The Distribution Center Associate is a seasonal nonexempt position requiring flexible hours that meet our retail needs. We’re looking for employees who can work 25 hours/week and have the ability to sometimes flex to 40 hours per week. Employment through mid-September with possibility of extending beyond, depending on need.
Schedule: Varying Hours Monday-Friday anytime between 9:30am – 5:30pm. There is some flexibility. After 8/20, weekend shifts will also be available.
The Distribution Associate works indoors in a warehouse setting with occasional exposure to non-climate controlled areas.
The physical demands of this position require near and far visual acuity, constant use of hands, continuous standing, walking, using stairs/ladders, hearing, talking, bending, crouching, and working closely with others. Package handling is required, the Distribution Associate must lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and up to 200 pounds via cart or dolly.
The University Co-op provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Benefits and Perks
Employee Discount off books and most merchandise
Near Burnet Road and Research Blvd.