Hi there! Thank you for considering our Media Intern position.
Hourly pay is $15 per hour
The Media Intern is responsible for assisting with cold calling media outlets (Cable/Satellite/Telco/Broadcast television stations) to determine open capacity to purchase for our 24/7 live shopping network as well as analytic function to maintain media efficiency. This role will report to our Director of Network Affiliates and Media.
What you’ll be doing in this role:
- Assist the team in daily prospecting and cold calling of stations to determine open capacity for purchasing slots for our network
- Help with analytical and data driven functions to maintain our media efficiency
- Assist in developing effective media buying strategies
- Help with negotiating ad space and time slots with various media outlets
- Participate in media planning to identify target audiences and craft effective campaigns
- Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns
- Assist in comparing and negotiating rates, ad space and airtime
- Help optimize plans and budgets according to media performance
- Ensure network feed is delivered appropriately
- Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
What you need to have to be successful:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Communications/Advertising
- Must be in your junior or senior year of studies if pursuing a bachelor’s and your last year for master’s
- Familiarity in media buying, media communications and/or advertising is a plus
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Independent self-starter; highly organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively utilize various software applications including Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and follow through are essential
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An ambassador of our Core Value: Teamwork, Honesty, Commitment, Passion and Positive Attitude
- Ability to work from home and maintain professional manner while in pandemic lock-down
- Work in an open concept office without distraction
A little about SHOP LC!
Be the Value Leader in Electronic Retailing of Jewelry and Lifestyle Products
Through the delivery of high-quality affordable products, made possible by our low-cost direct sourcing, we change the world and touch people's lives one piece at a time!
Our Core Values
We are a global organization that operates as VGL Group, also known as Vaibhav Global with 4,000 employees globally. VGL trades publicly in the National and Bombay Stock exchanges in India. Under our main VGL brand, we have 3 amazing and growing companies: Shop LC Global Inc., The Jewellery Channel LTD. (TJC) and STS Jewels LTD. Shop LC is our US division, TJC is our sister channel for the European market, headquartered in London, and lastly, STS is our manufacturing and wholesale division. We source and manufacture our own jewelry so there is no middleman involved, that is how we keep our pricing super affordable for our clients!
Shop LC is our US home shopping channel that is headquartered here in beautiful, sunny Austin, Texas, airing nationwide over 72 million homes via various satellite and cable networks, including live broadcast via www.shoplc.com as well as our Shop LC mobile app. Here in Austin, we have over 475 employees. We offer fine jewelry and lifestyle products, many which are produced in our own factories in Asia and India. We have locations globally in China, Hong Kong, Thailand (Bangkok) and Indonesia (Bali)! VGL is a highly socially and environmentally conscious group. For every item sold through our two retail outlets, we donate a meal to a school with a child in need. We donate 35,000 meals to every school through the No Kid Hungry foundation here in the US and the Akshay Patra foundation in India. Our VGL factory is a "Gold Level Leeds" certified green building, which is a first for a jewelry manufacturing business in India. Most of the energy used to manufacture our jewelry is generated by solar source. We follow many green initiatives here in the US as well as our UK retail units.