Logistics Administrative Officer
Role & Responsibilities
Assure a smooth and timely materials/equipment supply, various services, equipment allocation, tracking and audit related to the following-up of GSO and related facilities and its administration.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters GSO and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Part time at 80-100%, 6 months commitment with possibility of extension.
Key Activity Areas
- Ensure the offices facilities (including the archiving rooms) are properly managed.
- Communicating and collaborating with the proprietor and concierges for facility maintenance.
- Coordinating the cleaners for both the offices and Medair flats
- Be responsible to lead or collaborate in projects related to the set-up & renovation of new office/flats.
- Office portierage as required, including office moves, furniture moves, deliveries and collections.
- Ensure all technical faults related to the facilities are properly tracked and reported.
- Ensure the proper arranging of all office and flats equipment fixtures and fittings.
- Ensure the timely induction of the office and surrounding to new staff (i.e., parking map, key access).
- Ensure the safety checks for GSO facilities (offices and other spaces) and flats are performed regularly
- Monitor running costs relevant to GSO and the flats (i.e., verifying the invoices, budget).
- Oversight of the consumables related to the GSO facilities; procurement of groceries, stationery, supplies and maintenance services for Medair GSO facility and flats.
- Analyse consumption levels & establish minimum order quantity levels.
- Monitor the stock levels & perform timely procurement to minimize stock-outs.
- Verify invoices to ensure the accuracy. Apply Medair Procurement Guidelines in all the above.
Equipment management (GSO)
- Ensure the equipment for GSO facilities are properly labelled, assigned and tracked.
- Perform regular and diligent equipment inventory count.
- Ensure the lost equipment are properly documented and recorded.
- Ensure the proper "replacement” plan is proposed / presented & executed accordingly.
- Ensure the “disposals” are timely identified / proposed and executed.
- Apply Medair Equipment Manual guidelines in all the above.
Stock Management / Handling of materials (GSO)
- Ensure the proper and diligent management of the GSO and G-ERT stock inventory.
- Ensure the proper inventory Register and Inventory Reports are established and well-maintained.
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Set up minimum order levels and flag when replenishment is needed to minimize stock-outs.
- Optimise archive rooms from both functional and spacial perspective.
- Physically and administratively receive and disburse the in-flows and out-flows of all materials.
- Apply Medair Stock/Warehouse Manual in all the above.
Mails and Courier
- Ensure both domestic and international couriers and postal services are properly and timely booked for mail shipping and registered mails.
- Ensure to collect and distributing mails and parcels.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Professional / vocational / technical qualification as a Stock Keeper, Facility Officer.
- Certificate of Federal Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (CFC) in Stock keeper desirable.
- working knowledge of English (spoken and written) and fluent in French (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 5 years’ experience in facility management and stock keeping.
- Previous experience in equipment management.
- Previous experience in customer oriented service (forward organization, planning, direct execution, indirect execution and supervision).
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, systematic, organised, work process oriented. Ability to communicate effectively. High adaptability to people and tasks.
- Reflect the vision and values of Medair when interacting with team members and external contacts.
- Accepting Medair values and Christian identity. Motivated by a spirit of service; solid team player.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
- Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.