Data Warehouse Analyst
This new role will be a key contributor to advancing our Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) initiative. This individual will work directly with both our internal EDW team and Data Warehouse Architect, and our Business Analytics Team to analyze, document, and understand both the Technical and Business needs and how the data sources can best be leveraged by our BI/EDW solution. This individual will have demonstrated experience in troubleshooting problems, product improvement, and effective communication with both IT and business partners. Personality and team focus are critical to success at UFCU.
With limited supervision the candidate must help support and build our EDW and BI requirements. This candidate must be proactive in delivering detailed business and technical use cases/requirements, understandings of data models, governance, and virtualization, implementing best-practices, testing and troubleshooting data integrity. This role is also responsible for proactively providing project tasks and status updates. This role may provide guidance to junior team members. This role is an on-site role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(in %; all functions’ total should = 100%)
Essential Function Description
EDW Data Analyst
- Understanding of EDW data models, mappings, complex transformations.
- Creates and champions processes/methodology for capturing and maintaining EDW metadata and artifacts
- Analysis, understanding, and documentation of internal and external source system data, including the quality and meaning of the data
- Partner with both IT and business partners to define and deliver data from our source systems into impactful business reporting
- Help provide integrity checks on data used to aid with quality
- Assists with data warehouse development and enhancements. Provides design support for the development of business intelligence solutions
- Writes reports, adds new fields, creates Business Objects filters, measures and objects; and creates dashboards to improve current data warehouse
- Provides data analysis and recommendations for the correction, enhancement and/or development of ad-hoc and canned end-user reports
- Develops and manages ongoing process improvements to the reporting workflow focusing on automation, accuracy, and timeliness of information
DW Operations Support
- Demonstrate service excellence with an emphasis on ownership of issues and drive for results
- Complete incident and service request tasks in a timely manner in order to meet service level agreements
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Conduct root cause analysis as needed and take action to prevent future occurrences of incidents
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Complete required regulatory training as assigned
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and internal controls specific to your role,including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulations.
- Associate or bachelor degree
- 3-5 years as a business intelligence analyst, data analyst, business analyst or similar role
- Experience creating visualizations and dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau
- Strong expertise with Excel, SQL, and Python, other like scripting/reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-organizationally to gather business requirements, track and measure against goals, objectives or KPIs
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to understand business impact and derive business insights
- Good understanding of SQL Database and data warehouse design principles (e.g. facts, dimensions)
- Demonstrated understanding of EDW Data Modeling frameworks
- Demonstrated ability and understanding of T-SQL
- Knowledge of basic programming concepts and systems implementation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Reporting Services, and Team Foundation Server/Azure DevOps highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience/proficiency in data analysis
- Hands-on experience with Quality Assurance Documentation and report builders
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT technologies – server, network and storage
- Superb analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Highly collaborative/Team Player
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- High level of organization and prioritization
- Define and develop complex systems
- Must be able to pass a financial and criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Employee will make extensive use of the telephone requiring the ability to effectively and accurately explain complex information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position may involve periodic stressful conditions.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours.
- May occasionally move from one work location/branch to another.
- Public contact position, requiring appropriate professional appearance.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation up to two hours at a time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRITICAL JOB COMPETENCIES
UFCU Core Competencies. In addition to fulfilling the position’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities, an individual must demonstrate UFCU’s Core Competencies:
- Leading & Developing Self
- Organizational Impact
Nothing in this job description restricts management from changing any or all parts of the job description at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)