This position will support the Mortgage Services Department by working both individually and as part of a team in order to facilitate the loan closing process. The individual in this position will possess extensive knowledge of the closing process in order to get UFCU mortgage loans closed on time and accurately while upholding the credit union’s mission, vision, and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(in %; all functions’ total should = 100%)
Essential Function Description
- Thorough quality review of files to ensure all information is correct including but not limited to: accurate fees, terms, loan programs, insurance coverage.
- Responsible for drawing closing documents through Encompass or work with attorney to draw closing documents and to obtain attorney review on all loans.
Coordinate with title companies to:
- Deliver documents and accurate closing instructions.
- Prepare accurate Closing Disclosures.
- Answer any questions that may come out of closing.
- Is responsible for preparing the accurate Closing Disclosure and sending it to all borrowers within UFCU and regulatory timeframes.
- Work with Underwriter and Processor to ensure that all final closing conditions are met prior to closing or funding.
- Work with Shipping Department to clear errors and omissions pertaining to closing documents and Closing Disclosures.
- Maintain knowledge of Mortgage Services processes, procedures and guidelines including staying informed on industry compliance and regulation standards.
- Act as backup to review funding package and issue final loan funding approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Complete required regulatory Training as assigned.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree or some college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of mortgage processing experience required
- Two to Five years mortgage processing experience preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- Familiarity with current mortgage lending laws and regulations in Texas, understanding of documentation relating to residential real estate lending and conventional financing, and/or familiarity with credit union philosophies and practices preferred.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of the federal and state regulations dealing with Mortgage and Home Equity lending.
- Familiar with mortgage lending file organization and the related documentation associated with mortgage files.
- Well-developed ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of the mortgage process, documentation, requirements; governmental and agency requirements; and terminology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills are essential.
- Ability to consistently and effectively make evaluative judgments.
- Encompass experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be bondable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Employee will make extensive use of the telephone requiring the ability to effectively and accurately explain complex information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position may involve periodic stressful conditions.
- This position has direct exposure to possible robbery.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours.
- May occasionally move from one work location/branch to another.
- Public contact position, requiring appropriate professional appearance.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation up to two hours at a time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRITICAL JOB COMPETENCIES
UFCU Core Competencies. In addition to fulfilling the position’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities, an individual must demonstrate UFCU’s Core Competencies:
- Leading & Developing Self
- Organizational Impact
Nothing in this job description restricts management from changing any or all parts of the job description at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)