Member Service Representative
About the Job
As a Member Services Representative (MSR), you will serve as the primary point of contact for Member inquiries by telephone utilizing a computerized system. Our MSRs have a passion for service excellence, and respond to a high volume of calls by providing assistance and information regarding UFCU products and services.
Eager to build strong, long-term meaningful relationships, our MSRs effectively ask appropriate questions to understand Member needs and effectively communicate information to identify solutions and resolve Member issues. MSRs provide services that are accurate, prompt, and professional to ensure that our Members have the best experience possible.
As Austin’s largest locally-owned financial institution, University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission at UFCU is simple: to provide for the well-being of our Members. We’re proud to focus on people — not profits. We deliver fair and honest products and outstanding service, and we work collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to help Members achieve their personal and financial goals.
Consistently receiving awards as the Top Credit Union and Top Mortgage Company, UFCU is proud of its people-first culture. We value our employees as much as our Members. We offer an environment where people care about each other – like family. If you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the power to help people change their lives – then we’re glad you’re here.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Effectively manage inbound calls and display professional telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and competent delivery of all UFCU products and services by phone and through other electronic delivery channels.
- Accurately and successfully process service transactions and resolve Member issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide an excellent Member experience by establishing rapport with the member, proactively selling products and services by asking appropriate questions to determine Member needs and identify solutions, thinking and exercising sound judgment, and acting responsibly in the Member's and UFCU's best interests.
- Take independent action to solve routine problems and generate new ideas.
- Recognize areas of opportunity, systematically gather information, sort through information to address root cause of issues and make timely decisions.
- Consistently meets deadline and service level requirements, including AUX and hold time.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales and quality goals.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills by treating others with respect, courtesy, and displaying a “what can I do to help” attitude.
- Display flexibility within department to maximize utilization, including requests to perform administrative and non-telecommunication duties as needed.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, business ethics, and internal controls specific to UFCU and to your role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively build relationships, establish rapport, communicate information, and diplomatically respond to inquiries from callers
- Effective active listening skills and phone communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, including navigating between computer applications while speaking with Members on the phone
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgement, logic, integrity and initiative
- Proficient in Windows environment, with the ability to operate office equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months Customer Service Call Center or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for Customer Service Call Center experience
- Minimum of six (6) months of effectively using multiple computer programs simultaneously
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
- Must be bondable
- English/Spanish bilingual
- Credit Union experience
- Knowledge of accounting, credit and lending principles
- Knowledge of credit union products and services, policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Complete required regulatory training as assigned.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulation.
Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. OR 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and every other Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
About This Career Opportunity
We’re always looking for great talent. If you’re looking for a career with a socially conscious, service-oriented organization and want to have fun while you’re at it, join our UFCU team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)