Infection Preventionist 1 - Johnson City, TN
Salary Range: $65,000.00 To $65,000.00 Annually
INFECTION PREVENTIONIST 1 – JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Infection Preventionist to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public's health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
- Provide expertise in infection prevention, the use of PPE in a facility-based setting, and infection control measures.
- Provide consultation (both on-site and remote) to healthcare facilities including infection control assessments and response (ICAR) and outbreak management.
- Conduct outbreak detection, investigation, and response, and handle a wide range of infection prevention questions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in an applied clinical science including Nursing, Public Health, Medical or Clinical Laboratory Science, or a directly related field and experience equivalent to four years of professional, full-time infection control experience; or
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) and two years of experience in infection control; or
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a PhD in Nursing, Public Health, Medical or Clinical Laboratory Science, or a directly related field, a DrPH or APN and two years of experience in infection control; or
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an associate degree in an applied science including nursing, public health, medical or clinical laboratory science, or a directly related field and five years of experience in infection control.
- Direct experience with facility-level infection control practices, healthcare associated infections, and national requirements/recommendations of infection control.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress.
- Knowledge of long-term care facilities to provide infection control assessments, guidance preferred.
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.