Senior Application Engineer
This role focuses on administration, configuration, development, monitoring and maintenance of the Symitar financial core, services and related infrastructure components. This individual will have demonstrated experience in troubleshooting complex problems, development of quality code and configuration for a critical application with many downstream integrations. Effective Communication, Teamwork and a passion for supporting our business partners and members are critical to success at UFCU.
With limited supervision the candidate must support secure Symitar internal and external integrations, scheduled jobs, development of new business functionality, and resolve any issues in a timely and effective manner. This candidate must be seasoned in performing complex upgrades with multiple integrations, define requirements, application deployment, implementing best-practices, supporting testing efforts, and providing documentation while working with business partners. This role is also responsible for proactively providing project tasks and status updates. This role will also act as a mentor to junior team members. This role is an on-site role here in Austin, TX.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(in %; all functions’ total should = 100%)
Essential Function Description
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Symitar used by UFCU staff and members
- Analyzes, develops, tests, engages with code reviews, and implements code in the Symitar environments including RepGen/PowerOn and other coding tools to create, troubleshoot or repair new applications, products, functionality, create reports/extracts and user input teller screens. Analyzes and maintains code for ease of processing to increase efficiency and automation.
- Install, configure and maintain Symitar as well as retain application configurations
- Support projects that enhance, upgrade or replace Symitar and other applications
- Work with vendors to support, upgrade and maintain Symitar and other apps
- Develop processing schedules and ensure scheduled jobs and automated processes run as designed
- Performs a variety of complex programming tasks, such as designing, documenting and coding program logic.
- Support/develop integrations with internal and external applications via API’s
- Participate in after-hours systems support activities and on call rotation
- Setup and maintain disaster recovery systems and procedures to support business continuity
- Conduct disaster recovery testing of critical data and systems to assure its readiness when needed
- Document application recovery procedures
- Conduct proactive capacity and performance planning to ensure systems appropriately meet customer demand
- Implement comprehensive system monitoring to reduce response time and minimize downtime
Incident Management and Request Fulfillment
- Demonstrate service excellence with an emphasis on ownership of issues and drive for results
- Complete incident and service request tasks in a timely manner in order to meet service level agreements
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Conduct root cause analysis as needed and take action to prevent future occurrences of incidents
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Complete required regulatory Training as assigned.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulations.
- Associate or bachelor degree
- 3-5 years applied knowledge of RepGen, PowerOn, SymForm, SQL, HTML, CSS, .NET, scripting languages and online/mobile banking platform knowledge.
- 3-5 years financial technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to engage in problem-solving skills to help identify and resolve issues
- Careful attention to detail and time management
- Effective communication skills
- Experience working for a financial institution
- PowerOn Language
- Azure DevOps
- Writing/Enhancing REST API’s
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT technologies – server, network and storage
- Superb analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service
- High level of organization and prioritization
- Define and develop complex systems
- Must be able to pass a financial and criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Employee will make extensive use of the telephone requiring the ability to effectively and accurately explain complex information.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position may involve periodic stressful conditions.
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours.
- May occasionally move from one work location/branch to another.
- Public contact position, requiring appropriate professional appearance.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation up to two hours at a time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CRITICAL JOB COMPETENCIES
UFCU Core Competencies. In addition to fulfilling the position’s Essential Duties and Responsibilities, an individual must demonstrate UFCU’s Core Competencies:
- Leading & Developing Self
- Organizational Impact
Nothing in this job description restricts management from changing any or all parts of the job description at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)