Systems Product Engineer
Product Engineering (PE) professional to support Server products within Lenovo’s Data Center Group (DCG) product portfolio.
The Server PE provides Level 3 technical support to the field, interfacing with Level 1 / 2 to resolve the more complex and/or urgent customer escalations.
The Server PE works directly with development, quality and/or manufacturing engineers to isolate and help perform root cause analysis of defect issues.
The Server PE also provides field communications such as Service Tips and fix releases, drives field action plans to address design and/or quality issues, manages the technical resolution plan for pervasive field issues, and drives lessons learned through a closed loop continuous improvement process.
Product Engineering support begins just prior to product introduction by participating in the Ship Support sign-off and continues through the product life cycle until end-of-life.
1. Interface with customers, Level 1 /2 technical support, and internal Sales teams to drive technical resolution plans for escalated field issues, with key focus on delivering a positive customer experience.
2. Perform problem determination and defect root cause isolation by analyzing hardware diagnostic & OS logs.
3. Derive technical action plans with urgency to restore production for outages or severe customer-impacting situations.
4. Setup systems with customer configuration in the lab to replicate reported field failures.
5. Instrument lab debug equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, analyzers) to isolate and debug complex failures.
6. Develop field action plans to address design/quality issues which have affected customers including: Stop ships, field communications (Service Tips and Notable issues), Engineering Change (EC) generation, and rolling Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) stock when necessary
7. Travel to provide on-site assistance to resolve critical situations (when required).
8. Participate in pre-product release activities; take technical positions for defect deferrals and HW design changes and approve product readiness for ship support.
9. Maintain key data for products assigned (specifications, publications, Tech Tips, defects, engineering changes and history, product roadmaps, and lifecycle management).
10. Conduct lessons learned reviews in a quality closed loop process as part of driving continuous improvement of products and processes.
* PLEASE SUBMIT CV/RESUME IN ENGLISH *
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Discipline (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Information Tech)
- At least 2-3 years hands-on experience with Intel x86 or AMD servers
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a technical engineering role doing hardware problem determination and troubleshooting
- Strong written and oral skills (English fluency)
- At least 2-3 years of client-facing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical or Computer) or Computer Science
- 5 years of experience in Development, Manufacturing or Product Engineering or Customer technical support role
- 5 years of experience working in the design, development and/or support of x86 or AMD servers
- Knowledge of networking protocols and/or Operating Systems (Windows, Linux or VMWare)
- Knowledge of RAID and storage subsystems
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.