Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency in New York. We work with growing brands to build digital platforms and launch marketing campaigns. Clients include L’Oreal, Amazon, Barry’s, Well+Good, Dr. Jart+, and Scholastic as well as various emerging consumer lifestyle brands.
The Account Coordinator at Barrel plays an important support function on our Client Services team working closely with team leaders on new business opportunities and growing existing accounts.
We are currently looking for an Account Coordinator to join our remote-first team. You can work from anywhere as long as you are able to work for the majority of our Eastern Time work hours of 10AM to 6PM.
- Become deeply familiar with new prospects as well as existing clients studying their market, competitors, customers, pain points, and objectives
- Support new business development efforts by qualifying inbound leads and gathering information on prospects
- Assist new business team on pitches and strategy decks as needed and participate in new business presentations (e.g. take clear notes, ask clarifying questions)
- Ensure that our CRM is kept up-to-date and reflects pipeline activity
- Help the Client Services team sign new work streams by assisting on the writing of proposals and SOWs, getting inputs from various discipline leads
- Provide support to Barrel team members on execution of projects and ensure they map to overall strategy and goals
- Participate in periodic (e.g. quarterly, bi-annual) check-ins across existing account teams and client contacts to surface new opportunities and pain points that can inform new work streams
- Assist in onboarding project teams to new work streams and ensure they have the context and requirements to succeed
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially in business conversation
- Self-motivated learner who proactively reads on broad range of topics and is especially interested in business, technology, design, and marketing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as G Suite tools
- Quick to pick up new software skills (e.g. Hubspot, Basecamp, Google Sheets)
- Detail-oriented and able to process large amounts of emails and documentation on a regular basis
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, summer Fridays, remote home setup stipend, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.