Private Equity Analyst (Fall)
Greencove Capital Partners Overview (www.GreencoveCapitalPartners.com)
Greencove Capital Partners is a team of entrepreneurs with success investing in, operating, and growing private companies. We seek to identify, acquire and operate an existing private company with an initial enterprise value between $10.0 -$40.0 million. We are funded by over 20 seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and investors. The Managing Partner at Greencove Capital is a graduate of Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and has a background in strategy consulting at McKinsey & Company, middle-market banking at BAML, and military experience as a Logistics Officer in the United States Marine Corps.
Description of Analyst Role The internship will involve a hands-on learning experience with many of the core activities involved in running a private equity firms' sourcing and deal process. An Analyst should expect to develop a fundamental knowledge of the process by which middle market companies are sourced and acquired. Analysts will gain a working understanding of the industry participants involved in middle market transactions and the motivating factors driving their behavior.
Details of Analyst Role
· Research and identify attractive industries based on Greencove Capital Partners’ investment criteria
· Develop investment theses and an understanding of business models for selected industries
· Production of emails/letters for targeted small businesses
· Review of confidential information on potential acquisitions; Business opportunity modeling
· Participation in phone calls with investment bankers and small business owners
· Significant mentorship from GCP’s Managing Partner and weekly meetings to discuss progress
· Pay / Sponsorship: Unpaid internship
· Hours per Week: 10 to 20 hours per week
· Duration: 10 weeks (extensions possible)
Who Should Apply
· Highly motivated candidates who have a strong and proven interest in the fields of private equity, entrepreneurship and finance or candidates with an interest in researching business models within a targeted industry.
· Candidates who have a nature curiosity for how businesses work, a tenacious attitude towards research, are resourceful and have the ability to think independently.
· Applicants should be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree but any major can apply.
· Candidates with a working knowledge of Python and a desire learn to use web-scraping tools for industry research
About Greencove Capital Partners
Greencove Capital Partners is a team of entrepreneurs backed by 27 seasoned executives and investors with success investing in, operating, and growing private companies. We seek to identify, acquire, and operate an existing private company with an initial enterprise value between $10.0 -$40.0 million. The Managing Partner and primary point of contact of Greencove Capital is a graduate of Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and has a background in strategy consulting at McKinsey & Company, middle-market banking at BAML, and military experience in the United States Marine Corps.