Program Coordinator-Healthy Families
Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council is a non-profit organization formed by the Native American Tribes of Wisconsin. We serve all WI tribes by providing administration of grant-funded programs either directly or with sub grants. Programs serve a range of functions from Children to Elders. Our Mission is: To Enhance the quality of life for all Native People.
The Program Coordinator will provide administrative, fiscal and backup assistance to the Program Director and staff. Assist Program Director in the day to day management, with primary areas of responsibility including technical assistance to the subaward recipients, supporting continuous quality improvement (CQI), assisting with quarterly reports, ensuring Healthy Families America (HFA) model fidelity, and continued accreditation of each subaward. Ensure Department of Children and Families (DCF) requirements are met. Develop, implement, and maintain budget, financial procedures, and financial files. Daily attendance is an essential function of this position. Frequent travel is required.
· Create budget and reimbursement spreadsheets, monitor financial reimbursements for compliance and conduct site visits to offer financial technical support.
· Assist all five subaward recipients to achieve and/or maintain Healthy Families America accreditation and ensure programs offer inclusive home visiting programs.
· Develop, implement, and maintain spreadsheets that include budgets, reimbursement reports for subawards, financial procedures, and financial files.
· Assist Program Director with preparing budgets for the program. Monitor the financial records for the programs and keep program director informed on a regular schedule.
· Assist Program Director in meeting compliance and reporting requirements for each subaward recipient and coordinate with subaward staff to assure administrative activities are in compliance.
· Remain current with grant monitoring, financial monitoring of subaward recipients, grant compliance, HFA model and DCF updates to ensure compliance by providing technical support.
· Review financial statements to assure expenditures are occurring within a reasonable time period and within budget. Oversee expenditures to ensure alignment with grant requirements.
· Assist or perform budget modifications, journal entries and reclassification of expenses as necessary.
· Offer technical assistance to subaward recipients with DCF site visits, budget submissions based on HFA goals and objectives created for the upcoming fiscal or calendar year.
· Offer technical assistance to subawards with hiring, orientation, required trainings, ongoing coaching and performance evaluations of their direct staff.
· Review and assist department and staff with travel reimbursements and voucher processing, before sending to accounting for processing.
· Assist staff as requested with preparation of grants and proposal materials.
· Act as a liaison between staff and GLITC accounting staff, with communication to support grant compliance.
· Assist Program Director with program required reports.
· Review benchmark performance reports from DCF and follow-up with subaward recipients that fall short of goals. Collaborate to create improvement goals.
This is a full-time opportunity working Mon-Fri 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM 40 - 45 hours per week with a work location in Lac Du Flambeau, WI. Frequent travel may be required. This position has a starting salary of $50,000 to $52,000 per year with benefits including Annual/Personal Leave, Holiday Pay, Health, Dental, Life & AD&D, STD and LTD Insurance, FSA and 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Background check and drug screen are required prior to employment. Due to COVID-19, relocating hires may be subject to a 14 day self-isolation period before starting work in the office building.
Qualifications: An equivalent combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities may be considered. Required: Associate degree with a business or financial focus with at least three years of prior office management experience. Acceptable experience substitution includes five or more years of increasingly responsible experience in account maintenance or financial recordkeeping. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with financial focus. As program funds permit, achieves and maintains a certification of federal grants management. Experience with a Native American Tribal organization and/or not-for-profit agency. Individual must possess: excellent verbal and written communication skills; professional demeanor and appearance; problem solving skills; ability to manage time effectively; self-motivation skills; work effectively under pressure and be flexible; ability to build positive work relationships with internal and external customers; ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people; ability to interpret complex written material; basic math skills; be an independent worker; and maintaining effective working relationships. Must possess valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation with adequate insurance and ability to travel.
To Apply: Preferred method is to apply through www.glitc.org website or indeed.com using job posting title or organization name.
**Only the most qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC) is an equal opportunity employer applying Native American Preference as defined in Title
25, U.S. Code, Section 44-66 and 47, and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of GLITC to provide employment, compensation and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications of the job applied for, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law. As an equal opportunity employer, GLITC intends to comply fully with all federal and state laws and the information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. Disabled applicants may request a needed accommodation from the representative of the Human Resource Department, PO Box 9 Lac Du Flambeau, WI 54538 or phone (715) 588-1069 or (800) 872-7207
Closing Date: 8/28/20