Stevens Treatment Programs empowers youth to lead successful lives through high quality treatment and education in a safe and nurturing environment.
Located in the Historic District of Swansea, Massachusetts for 80 years, Stevens provides comprehensive services to adolescent boys with behavioral and emotional problems that present serious treatment concerns.
We are currently looking for a Teacher Assistant to join our Education Team. This position is Monday-Friday, Full-time 40 hours/week.
3- Days/week: 7:00am - 3:00pm
1- Day/Week: 7:00am - 2:00pm
Wednesday is a meeting day: 7:00am - 4:00pm
The Teacher Assistant is responsible for assisting Teachers in a private residential school setting for behaviorally disordered adolescents.
Assisting teachers in implementing Individual Education Plans (IEP) for special needs students in a classroom setting, classroom management, and crisis intervention, when necessary. Provide one to-one help, at the direction of the teacher, in middle and high school Mathematics, Science, Language Arts and History.
·$15.32 to $16.28 an hour, based on qualifications\experience
· Health and dental insurance
· 401(k) plan with employer match
· Up to 5 weeks of paid vacation leave annually
· Paid sick leave
· Paid holidays
· Life and disability insurance
· Tuition reimbursement for approved coursework.
· Bachelor degree (preferred not required)
· Valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to Stevens’ insurer
· An acceptable Criminal records and EEC Cori background check
· Direct experience working with adolescents, preferably with a special need’s population in a residential or other group care setting.
For more information about this position and others please visit our website at: www.stevensprograms.org