Family Hope Center Internship
We are looking for interns to join our team for summer and fall of 2020. If you're interested please sign-up here and someone will be in contact with you to discuss further. Please see below for details about the internship experience.
Family Hope Center Intern
The Buckner Family Hope Center is a community-based place of hope where families go to find strength and empowerment to reach their fullest God-given potential. The key to the Family Hope Center is the passion-driven staff and volunteers who devote themselves to walking alongside families through trials and struggles and ultimately towards success as defined by that family.
This Family Hope Center Intern will work remotely while our offices remain closed due to COVID-19 and would work at in (2303 Bickers Street) if Buckner leadership decides it is safe for our facilities to reopen. We are looking for passionate and dedicated interns to help us in the following ways:
- Assist in executing different adult, children, and youth classes
- Assisting in event logistics
- Attending team meetings upon supervisor request
- Helping at events
- Executing different administrative tasks
- Remaining flexible and willing to perform a variety of tasks with the team
- Develop a working knowledge of non-profits and how to carry out successful ministry in an underserved community
- Grow in skills related to working with children living in vulnerable situations
- Learn how to effectively engage and manage volunteers
- Learn how to work collaboratively with team members from various departments
- Be trained and developed in ways that will be applicable for future employment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Must be able to commit to working at least 10-15 hours per week during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-7:30 PM). Occasionally there will be weekend events as well.
- Must be comfortable working with children and adults of various ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, cultures, and religious beliefs.
- Must be able to give clear written and verbal instructions to people.
- Must be servant-hearted and passionate to learn!