Shipyard Project Engineer
Shipyard Project Engineer
Location: MARINETTE, WI
This position is responsible for managing and supervising the executive process of correcting the vessels' deficiencies (E.g., trial trial cards and change forms) by working with design & manufacturing engineers and yard foremen to allocate yard resources and contractors to implement and document changes and processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This position will require accessing the ship with the capability to lift up to 50 lbs. at times and also requires time spent in an office to complete the necessary paperwork for the subcontractors. Must be a U.S. Person.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Preferred but not necessary: Minimum of B.S. in an Engineering discipline; plus a minimum of 1 years of Project Engineering or Production engineering experience specific to large-scale marine vessel upgrade projects. In lieu of a B.S. degree, a minimum of 5 years of applicable Project Engineering experience specific to large-scale marine vessel upgrade projects.
● Preferred but not necessary: Years of experience in ship design should include a familiarity with regulatory body requirements associated with the Ship Building Industry (i.e. ABS, NAVSEA, MIL, DOD, 46 CFR, IEEE, and The U.S. Coast Guard)
● Preferred but not necessary: Shipboard experience (Military, Commercial) – Field Engineering
● Capacity to motivate and discipline individuals as required to achieve Goals and Objectives (as well as Project Goals) is imperative.
● Strong time management skills complemented by the ability to prioritize problem solving/issues resolving activities so as to maximize achievement of goals and objectives.
● Drive and discipline to monitor, maintain, modify (as required) and enforce existing department policies and procedures.
● Timely decision-making ability is considered to be of utmost importance as is the process he/she uses to evaluate the risks associated with said decisions.
● Customer interaction skills (Navy, Military).
● Multitasking capability is a necessity of the job.
● Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint).
● CAD experience desirable (ability to read prints).
● Navisworks experience desirable.
● Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
● Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
● Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
● Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Must have ability to work in confined spaces.
● Highly Motivated, Self-Starter, Resourceful, Problem Solver.
● Some travel may be required.
Pay/Benefits/Relocation: All negotiable for right candidate.
Please, fill out an application at https://www.csmarinellc.com/careers.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.