Work-Study: Data Entry Specialist
Austin Voices for Education and Youth Family Resource Center
Work-Study Job Description
Data Entry Specialist
Austin Voices is hiring 6 UT Work-Study students to work OFF CAMPUS as Data Entry Specialists in each of the 6 school-based Family Resource Centers located at Burnet MS (78757), Webb MS (78752), Dobie MS (78753), Martin MS (78702), Mendez MS (78744) and Navarro ECHS, formerly Lanier HS, (78758). This position will be VIRTUAL with students working from home during COVID-19.
· Utilize Google sheets to access data for data entry while working virtually
· Organize and manage client files and FRC records
· Enter client data into a web-based software called Efforts to Outcomes (ETO)
· Must pass national background check
· Flexible hours, Monday-Friday, between 8:00am and 5:30pm, possible weekend hours after training is complete
· Work virtually from home until FRCs are open. After that, must travel OFF CAMPUS to FRC sites located on CapMetro bus routes or by car
· Must be detail-oriented, able to do repetitive work and have proficient computer skills with MS Word, MS EXCEL and willing to learn how to use web-based data systems
· Must be a friendly, hard-working, dependable team member
· Pay is $10/hr for 10 to 19 hours/week
Our mission: Austin Voices for Education and Youth creates community collaboration to strengthen families, support kids and improve schools. We believe our public schools can serve as powerful hubs for bringing neighborhoods, families and students together to achieve positive change. www.austinvoices.org
Family Resource Centers (FRC) support families in transition and crisis by providing social and health services, information, referrals, advocacy and adult education. Austin Voices operates FRCs at Burnet MS, Webb MS, Dobie MS, Martin MS, Mendez MS and Navarro ECHS and employs a team at each FRC site with a director, community school coordinator, social worker. The resources needed to support families are provided in collaboration with community partners, including city/county agencies, health providers, non-profits, faith-based groups, businesses, higher education institutions, and community organizations/individuals. AVEY believes in and supports the Community School Model.
The goals of the FRC are to:
1) Support families in transition and crisis thereby increasing student attendance (reducing high student mobility) and moving them into a sustainable level of stability
2) Further long-term family success through adult education
3) Increase parents’ engagement with the school and their ability to support their children’s education
Opportunities for the work-study intern:
1) Develop personal and professional skills in a growing and thriving non-profit agency.
2) Learn about poverty, social services, public education, community engagement, partnership
development, public policy, advocacy and web-based data management systems.
3) Be part of strengthening a nationally recognized “Community School” model for school improvement in public education right here in Austin in collaboration with Austin ISD & community partners.