Praescient Analytics Social Media Intern (REMOTE, Fall 2020)
Praescient Analytics Social Media Intern (Fall 2020)
Clearance: Not Required
Type: 20-40 hours per week
Start Date: Late August
End Date: Early December
**Praescient Analytics headquarters is located in Alexandria, VA. Due to COVID-19, this internship is designed to be completed remotely.**
This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
The Social Media Specialist is a proactive self-starter and creative professional who is versed in marketing, public relations, communications, knowledge management, and data analysis practices. The successful candidate will coordinate and execute external relations activities across the Company and contribute to the advancement of internal processes for organizational development. In this position, the Specialist will update and advance our social media strategy and successful engagement plans with our prospective clients, partners, and potential employees.
The Specialist will have exceptional written and verbal skills and be extremely organized. Flexibility is a must in this position. As a media- and technology-savvy individual, the Specialist will have the ability to exercise initiative and good judgment to inform decision making. You need to be a self-starter and problem-solver, quickly orienting yourself to new processes, technologies, and aren’t afraid to raise your hand with questions or alternative approaches to resolve challenges. You want to be challenged. You’re a hard-worker. You want to make a difference.
- Create and implement a comprehensive social media campaign utilizing Praescient’s various platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Campaign should highlight the technology platforms our analysts and developers utilize on a daily basis, our technology and business partners in various fields, and our company culture
- Maintain and update our website with relevant and current content, including being the primary POC for identifying ways to increase site traffic, making fixes, and creating content
- Formally present briefings to Leadership on strategic initiatives and quantifiable metrics highlighting accomplishments across the internship program
- Learn and write about novel concepts in our industry, such as: advanced analytic technologies (artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc) and intelligence/defense community trends
- Conduct Special Projects as requested by Leadership in order to support Praescient objectives.
- Student pursuing a degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English, or related fields
- Entrepreneurial spirit with keen interest in global events and involvement with academic journals, media resources, and/or online blogs relating to domestic and/or international affairs
- Interest in technology and how it affects national security, specifically in data analytics, data science, artificial intelligence, and other relative trends
- Applicants willing to commit to between 20-40 hours per week
Please submit a resume and cover letter via Handshake or via email to email@example.com for consideration. Please state your availability and preferred start date in your cover letter. Please direct all questions regarding applications to Ellie Kervick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship Required. Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.