Praescient Analytics Public Relations Intern (REMOTE, Fall 2020)
Praescient Analytics Public Relations Intern (Fall 2020)
Clearance: Not Required
Type: 20-40 hours per week
Start Date: Late August
End Date: Early December
**Praescient Analytics headquarters is located in Alexandria, VA. Due to COVID-19, this internship is designed to be completed remotely.**
This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
Praescient Analytics is in search of its first ever Public Relations Intern! We are looking for a proactive self-starter who is ready to shape the position for interns to come. In this position, the PR Specialist will work with the Social Media Team to create an innovative marketing strategy to ensure that prospective clients, partners and employees know everything Praescient has to offer. The PR specialist will have the chance to work directly with Executive Leadership to build relationships with national publications in the defense and intelligence industries including Vice, FedScoop, Washington Technology and more!
Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal communication skills and they will feel comfortable reaching out to industry professionals. You will be able to work well individually and as a member of the Social Media Team. Ideal candidates will be willing to orient themselves with new processes and technologies, and they will keep up to date with industry trends. The PR Intern will have a huge role in cultivating the company’s marketing campaign, so we are looking for someone innovative, creative, and passionate. You want to be challenged. You’re a hard-worker. You want to make a difference.
- Work side by side with the Social Media Intern to create a comprehensive marketing strategy highlighting Praescient’s flagship technologies, our key business partners, our contract awards, and our company culture
- Cultivate relationships with up and coming publications in the defense and intelligence industries including news outlets, podcasts, blogs, etc. to increase Praescient’s outreach
- Learn and write about novel concepts in our industry, such as: advanced analytic technologies (artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.) and defense/intelligence community trends
- Run lead on researching award opportunities and responsible for submitting nominations for the company as a whole as well as for individual members of team Praescient
- Formally present strategy briefings to Executive Leadership and include quantifiable metrics highlighting marketing accomplishments
- Undergraduate students or recent graduates pursuing a career in public relations, marketing, business, social media management, journalism or other related fields
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a keen interest in global events and experience working with academic journals, media resources, and/or online blogs related to domestic and international affairs
- A willingness to learn about the intersection between technology and national security, specifically surrounding its relation to data analytics, artificial intelligence, and other trending topics
- Applicants willing to commit to between 20-40 hours a week
Please submit a resume and cover letter via Handshake or via email to email@example.com for consideration. Please state your availability and preferred start date in your cover letter. Please direct all questions regarding applications to Ellie Kervick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship Required. Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.