Praescient Analytics Business Development Intern (REMOTE, Fall 2020)
Praescient Analytics Special Projects & Business Development Intern (Fall 2020)
Clearance: Not Required
Type: 20-40 hours per week
Start Date: Late August
End Date: Early December
**Praescient Analytics headquarters is located in Alexandria, VA. Due to COVID-19, this internship is designed to be completed remotely.**
This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
We are looking for energetic researchers with a keen interest in national security and who possess excellent writing skills and a desire to learn in a fast paced environment and assist in capturing business. Your primary role will be to conduct research on competitors, partners and potential business opportunities. You will be expected to have attention to detail, be able to multi-task and work on multiple programs and projects simultaneously in support of the Federal, State and Local governments’ requirements for Data Science, Data Exploitation, Intelligence Analysis, and Law Enforcement operations.
Ideally, the Special Projects Intern is a mission-oriented team player who is versed in the use of technology, has an inquisitive mind and desire to work in one of the most exciting fields in government contracting. You will support a diverse set of research and analysis projects focusing on global issues vital to the Nation’s priorities, and contribute to Praescient’s business life cycle by routinely supporting customer outreach and completing administrative duties. A necessary core strength and passion is research and writing, as it will be the majority of your daily tasks.
An effective communicator with solid interpersonal skills, you must be self-driven and demonstrate a high degree of problem solving in order to work creatively in a fast-paced environment. You need to be a self-starter, quickly orienting yourself to new processes, technologies, and aren’t afraid to raise your hand with questions or pursue alternative approaches to resolve challenges. You want to be challenged. You’re a hard-worker. You want to make a difference.
- Work closely with Executives to conduct research to support identifying, tracking, and writing to opportunities that fall in line with Praescient’s core strengths
- Use a variety of software tools to research current and future solicitations to identify opportunities
- Participate in developing strategies and approaches for proposals and white papers leading to winning new business for Praescient (writing, research, copy editing, proposal graphics)
- Make formal presentations to the leadership team on numerous special projects
- Example Special Projects include:
- Evaluating trending advanced analytic technologies (artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep web, etc.) to compare market, company, and capability positioning
- Create a Strategic Briefing on intelligence community clients – where they have been allotted Congressional funding, what their long-term (2030) priorities are, and how Praescient nests within that vision
- Develop unique products that best highlight our capabilities to our clients, partners, and potential employees, and present them to leadership
- Learn to navigate government contracting, specifically the intelligence and defense space
- Learn advanced technology tools i.e. ANB, Sintelix, Point Duty, Recorded Future, etc.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in business, communications, data analytics, English, computer science, political science, international relations, security studies, and other related fields
- Entrepreneurial spirit with keen interest in global events and involvement with academic journals, media resources, and/or online blogs relating to international affairs
- A passion for trending technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics and a keen interest in writing creatively about these solutions within the context of support to government missions
- Applicants willing to commit to between 20-40 hours per week
Please submit a resume and cover letter via Handshake or via email to email@example.com for consideration. Please state your availability and preferred start date in your cover letter. Please direct all questions regarding applications to Ellie Kervick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship Required. Praescient Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.