Business Analyst Intern
Simply Independent (a Launch Factory portfolio company) is an investor-backed start-up with a focus on Age Tech and customer-centric services and technologies that improve the healthcare, wellness, and day-to-day living of seniors. We are passionate about helping seniors and families navigate longevity in the comfort of their home. Our mission is to empower everyone to live independently with dignity in their chosen communities. The co-founders come from deep science backgrounds with consulting, venture capital, and operational expertise prior to founding the company.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent attention to details and an ownership mindset.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
· Conduct independent research and complete deliverables on schedule
· A passion for world-changing, customer-centric technologies
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate is expected to write concisely and present clearly.
· Prior experience (such as internships, part-time jobs, or volunteer positions) in management consulting, start-ups, and/or venture capital due diligence is a plus.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
This internship will propel your career by giving you the exposure and training to grow your analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will work closely with our co-founders to gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations to drive our company’s success. We are looking for a strong candidate to assist with the following responsibilities:
· Perform due diligence and analyze data to uncover industry, market, and consumer trends
· Create clear reports and deliverables
· Communicate research results and strategic recommendations to co-founders
· Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a related field
· Available in Fall 2020 (August or September start date) for 10 weeks or more
· Fully remote (with option of working out of our San Diego office at Launch Factory incubator if in Southern California region)
· Must have a good internet connection and a webcam for live remote conference calls
· Agree to the terms and conditions of this unpaid internship
· Gain exposure, experiences, knowledge, and networks that will assist you in pursuing a career in strategic and analytical roles in fast-growing start-ups, management consulting, and/or venture capital/private equity
· Responsibilities in making cross-functional and strategic deliverables that drive the success of an investor-backed technology company
· Hands-on experience / training in process-driven due diligence and business analytics
· Opportunity to initiate projects outside of defined scope
· Direct coaching and mentorship from our co-founders
· Academic credit (if applicable); Certificate of completion and letters of recommendation are also available