Staff Scientist - Translational Research in T1 Diabetes Immunology - Kandeel Laboratory
A Staff Scientist position is available in the Wanek Family Project for Type 1 Diabetes at Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope. The position involves designing and executing immunochemical studies incorporating multiplexed techniques. The Staff Scientist series is designed for career research professionals whose primary function is to support the research infrastructure and activities of the institution.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Must have a Ph.D.
- Must have research experience in the fields of immunology and diabetes, especially T1D.
- Must have experience in extracellular vesicles and stem cell biology.
- Must have a publication record in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Must have the ability to effectively develop a project in a translational research environment in order to successfully meet project goals.
- Must have the ability to design and execute laboratory experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to participate in the preparation of grant applications, scientific publications, and IND submissions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.