Territory Manager - Council Bluffs, IA
Working in Trade Marketing is ideal for strong brand ambassadors who are skilled at growing brands within their territories and who thrive while working with talented people in an ever-changing environment. The Trade Marketing team is comprised of diverse thinkers and vibrant personalities with a shared passion for engaging adult tobacco consumers in discussion about the game-changing products and offering value-added programs and solutions to support customers.
As Territory Manager, you can achieve your career aspirations based on work performance, as well as your desire and ability to lead others. There is a strong commitment to ensure that your professional development is thoughtfully planned, because we want you grow as a leader. We offer extensive training on our operating companies’ products, effective consumer engagement, sales and distribution, brand strategies and how to effectively manage territory assignments.
We’re looking for employees who are hungry for responsibility, accountability and a chance to really make an impact! We are looking for individuals who thrive in a high-performance environment and have the talent to deliver these challenging business objectives. If you consider yourself a self-starter who gets things done and enjoys growing brands through building relationships, then Trade Marketing is a great place to build your exciting career. Here, you’re limited only by your aspirations. Are you ready for a new challenge?
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts TMS’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage your territory in terms of performance and in maintaining effective relationships across a diverse base of retailers for Reynolds American Inc’s products;
- Calling on established traditional and nontraditional retail outlets;
- Selling and executing national and local brand building marketing programs and initiatives within these accounts;
- Plan and execute the visit to the retailers and build strong business relationships, respond to their questions, issues, and concerns, and monitor contract compliance;
- Achieving assigned quantitative and qualitative sales goals and brand building measures;
- Building outstanding relationships with store managers by providing expert consumer insights and advice through the development of individual business plans;
- Participating in relationship marketing by conducting effective "1 to 1" Consumer Engagements through an understanding of Consumer Marketing Brand Strategies;
- Actively promoting the marketing mix through direct discussions with retailers using analytical proficiency and influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for RJRT and our retailers;
- Sell/execute the 5Ps of presence, pricing, promotion, product, and personal selling to customers and consumers;
- Develops strategy for product and POS placement to optimize sales and market visibility;
- Cozlaborates with other Division and Region teams;
- Represents Company and brands at various events, trade shows, and/or consumer events;
- Consistently demonstrating the application of company values in all business interactions.
- Education: Bachelor Degree Preferred or comparable work experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to drive up to 100 miles per day.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, aptitude and understanding of basic computer skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Business acumen and a strategic mindset.
- Possess the current legal right to work in the USA.
- It helps if you are mobile and potentially willing to discover the USA while furthering your career. Through our career growth opportunities, we promote movement to new territories and eventual career progression to our head office.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to climb and work from heights ranging from 9 to 12 feet.
- Ability to access and work in limited and confined spaces.
- Ability to visually inspect and manipulate merchandise and advertising displays.
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Leadership and willingness to take responsibility and accountability.
- Personal motivation for success.
- Ability to analyze problems and offer solutions.
- A passion for winning.
- Problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Strong oral and written-communication skills.
- Broad and cross-functional business knowledge.
- Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and dependability.
- Self-motivation and an orientation to action.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change.
- Excellent salesmanship, marketing, and negotiation skills.
- Strategic and financial acumen to enable the identification, evaluation, and action against business growth opportunities.