Web Content Writer
Web Content Writer
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
July 16, 2020
$22.69 - $27.80
Marketing & Public Relations
Madison College is excited to introduce a Web Content Writer in our Marketing and Public Relations Department. We are seeking a candidate who is a strong internet writer, project management driven, and is able to understand website content development and SEO. If you are looking for a fulfilling career that can display all of these skills, apply now!
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. Hiring an inclusive workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison College—it is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: cover letter, resume and two content writer-writing examples. Failure to submit these documents by the first consideration date will result in the disqualification of your application.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of July 30, 2020, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to as soon as possible.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year position. Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., some flexibility required. This is a limited-term employment opportunity through August 31, 2021. Continuation of this position is dependent on funding.
Madison College offers a generous benefit program including health and dental benefits. This position does not offer a relocation package.
This position is located in the vibrant and diverse city of Madison, Wisconsin's 2nd largest city and state capitol. Nestled between two recreational lakes, Madisonians are offered year-round activities for all, including the Dane County Farmers' Market located around the Capital Square, more than 200 miles of scenic biking and hiking trails, world class restaurants, and numerous festivals and community events. Madison is consistently ranked as a top community in which to work, live and play. Madison offers a small town feel, with a big city impression. But, if that's not enough, Madison is just a short 125 miles northwest of Chicago and 77 miles west of Milwaukee. To learn more about what Mad-Town has to offer, you can visit http://www.visitmadison.com.
ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTION AND RELATIONSHIPS:
The Web Content Writer will work with the Content Strategist and Web Content Coordinator to create compelling content that adds value to the college by actively engaging audiences and maintaining a cohesive and consistent brand voice on the web. This team member will play a critical role in improving the user experience as the website undergoes a full redesign.
This position formally reports to the Marketing Manager and takes daily direction from the Content Strategist.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review and re-write current website content for readability, accessibility, and engagement.Adhere to web and search best practices, including Google's complex and ever-changing guidelines, web standards and ranking factors, SEO, PPC, responsive design, A/B testing, content development, and accessibility standard.
• Develop interesting, original and engaging content optimized for the web to guide prospective students from initial inquiry through application.
• Collaborates with marketing team to ensure appropriate alignment in web content to meet college's brand message target markets, awareness and marketing needs.
• Compose fact-based, convincing, engaging, and creative content enhanced by appealing titles and subheads.
• Foster and maintain collaboration with key internal stakeholders to build collaborative relationships and ensure accurate content.
• Ensure a consistent prospective student user experience across all web pages. Proofread and edit content as assigned by stakeholders or the CMO.
• Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision and values. Comply with college policies, directives, and work rules.
• Other duties as defined by department, college, or officials.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
• Comprehensive knowledge and skill in project management.
• Knowledge of SEO practices.
• Knowledge and skill with EAT (expertise, authoritativeness and trustworthiness with the ability to create spot-on web content.
• Knowledge of ADA regulations.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Web Design, Information Technology, English, or other related field.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of related professional work experience directly related to the skills required to successfully perform this position, which must include web-based project and brand management.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Madison College will not tolerate racism or harassment of any kind. We will provide an educational environment that preserves the safety and dignity of our students, staff and faculty. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Associate Vice President, Human Resources, 1701 Wright St Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246-6900
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1960706
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning – offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around — once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.