Date: July 2020
Job Posting Title: MMVJ / Co-Anchor
Reports To: News Director
Location: Austin, TX
Univision is seeking a Multimedia Video Journalist / Co-Anchor based in Austin, Texas with KAKW Noticias Univision 62.
The successful candidate will responsible for the development and production of content for our early and late newscasts. Content is centered on news that informs, educates, empowers and entertains the Central Texas Region. He or she will need to be well versed for storytelling and able to maximize the usage of multimedia resources.
This position requires fine writing and video recording & editing skills, as well as a strong journalistic instinct with an eye for stories, people and trends creating a buzz in the community.
The successful candidate will responsible for anchoring live newscasts, investigating, producing, writing and presenting accurate, balanced news stories.
This individual must be a strategic and creative thinker, a self-starter, and a collaborator willing to learn and share ideas.
- Ability to shoot, write and edit your own stories and present a live report daily
- Cover additional assignments (VO/SOTs) while producing daily reports
- Anchor daily live newscasts, present news updates, special news broadcasts and live breaking-news reports as assigned.
- Ability to quickly write and proofread copy for accuracy prior to going on air
- Establish a professional work-relationship with newscast producers and co-anchors to ensure a well-paced, accurate and informative broadcast
- Maintain a sharp news judgment
- Be pro-active at meeting daily deadlines
- Pitch story ideas
- Develop news contacts
- Drive and operate a live van
- Collaborate with the execution of the newscast by operating a teleprompter, audio board, chyron, and video playback machine when needed
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Job responsibilities and market noted above subject to change
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in Journalism, Communications/New Media
- 3-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Impeccable verbal and written skills in Spanish
- Excellent on camera presentation (ad-lib skills)
- Candidate must be able to make sound decisions while working under extreme deadlines and must have the ability to follow directions and incorporate constructive criticism into work results
- Background on television production and news operations
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Flexible and able to work both as a team member and independently
- Flexible with schedules and able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have and maintain a good driving record and a valid driver’s license, along with the ability to drive daily.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience creating media for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to generate followers and traffic
- Eligibility Requirements
- Must be willing to work from office in Austin, TX.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time
- Please apply on our Univision Careers Webpage: http://corporate.univision.com/corporate/careers/