2021 Analyst – PJT Camberview (New York)
PJT Partners is a global advisory-focused investment bank. Our team of senior professionals delivers a wide array of strategic advisory, shareholder engagement, restructuring and special situations and private fund advisory and placement services to corporations, financial sponsors, institutional investors and governments around the world. We offer a unique portfolio of advisory services designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. We also provide, through Park Hill, private fund advisory and placement services for alternative investment managers, including private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds. To learn more about PJT Partners, please visit the Company’s website at www.pjtpartners.com.
PJT Camberview Description:
PJT Camberview, a business group of PJT Partners LP, is a leading provider of investor-led advice to public companies on engagement and shareholder relations, activism and contested situations, sustainability and complex corporate governance matters. PJT Camberview helps its clients succeed by providing unique insight into investors’ perspectives on long-term value creation, interpreting the evolving governance landscape and creating effective strategies to stay ahead of investor challenges.
Our services include:
Shareholder Engagement | Governance Advisory | Sustainability | Complex IR Strategy | Say on Pay | “Vote No” | Environmental, Social and Governance Shareholder Proposals | Activism Defense | Hostile and Complex M&A | Defense Preparedness
PJT Camberview seeks a highly motivated Analyst for its advisory business who will play a vital role in supporting all aspects of the firm’s core business.
Analyst responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Execution of Client Engagements
- Assist in all aspects of day-to-day client engagements
- Conduct analyses of client corporate governance practices
- Develop support materials and analyses to identify likely areas of investor concern and potential mitigants
- Develop strategies for engaging with and securing support of investors
- Support client team in delivering advice to senior executives and directors regarding a range of governance issues
- Collaborate with senior team members across client teams
- Support the firm’s efforts for identifying and prioritizing client acquisition opportunities
- Develop effective preparation materials for client pitches
- Work directly with Partners and Managing Directors to develop proposal materials specifically tailored for prospective clients
Building a Strong Brand
- Research, analyze and develop materials relating to institutional investors, governance and shareholder activism for use with clients and other corporate advisors
- Contribute to the firm’s intellectual leadership by supporting the development of analytical frameworks and other research materials with broad applicability
- Collaborate in building a strong culture and helping to execute on key aspects of an early-stage enterprise
We seek to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have excellent academic, leadership and extracurricular records. In addition, qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Strong analytical skills, with an emphasis on qualitative analysis and synthesis
- Interest in financial markets
- Experience performing in-depth research and developing points of view on novel issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including keen ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
- Willingness to quickly achieve high proficiency in PowerPoint and proficiency in Excel
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and proactive approach to work
- Creative, innovative team player who displays sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Confident, energetic and enthusiastic approach to the mission of PJT Camberview
Prior experience working/interning within any of the following is a plus:
- Investment bank/M&A
- Strategic or management consulting firm
- Asset management/brokerage firm
- Corporate PR/IR
- Business journalism
- Law firm (M&A and/or shareholder activism advisory work)
- Other corporate advisor
To be considered for the 2021 Analyst Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate* student
- Anticipated graduation date: Fall 2020 – Spring 2021
- Resume must include expected graduation month/year and GPA
- Resume must be in PDF format
* Post-graduates, MBAs and experienced hires should refer to the Associate or Experienced hire opportunities listed on our career site.
- Complete the PJT Partners On-Line application for the “2021 Analyst – PJT Camberview (New York)" position through the following link: www.pjtpartners.com/careers/.
- Submit a 50 – 100 word response to the following question: “Please explain in a few sentences what piqued your interest in the Analyst role and working at PJT Camberview?” (Please include your response in your application as an attachment).
- Complete the PJT Partners “Suited” survey. Please CLICK HERE to create an account. Note your responses will be recorded as you select “Save” at the end of each section – there is no final “Submit” button. Please ensure you complete each question through the end of the survey. Thank you for your participation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.