Surgical Recovery Technician I
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting patient needs for allograft tissue. It is through this dedication that
approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries and what drives us to provide bereavement support to assist donor families during their grief.
Perform surgical recovery procedures by acting as either a surgical circulator or surgical cutter.
• Responsible for the adherence to all FDA and AATB standards and guidelines, as well as company policies, including the requirements detailed in Standard Operating Procedures.
• Completing recovery documentation to ensure accuracy, clarity and compliance to cGTP/ cGMP regulations.
• Perform all duties of a surgical circulator including, but not limited to, the handling of sterile surgical supplies and equipment, instrument care and cleaning, and surgical recovery process flows.
• Able to perform all duties of a surgical cutter including, but not limited to, the aseptic recovery of human tissue for transplantation, aseptic packaging and labeling of recovered tissue, and donor reconstruction following tissue recovery.
• Follow established UTR Standard Operating Procedures and quality guidelines, including cGMP.
• Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
• Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of all surgical recovery supplies and equipment for the UTR including: ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating.
• Pack and ship recovered tissue to contracted tissue processors in a timely fashion as directed.
• Pack and ship blood samples and/or culture to testing sites, as well as maintain archived blood samples and documentation.
• Maintain surgical recovery instrument/equipment tracking.
• Clean and inspect all surgical recovery instrument/equipment.
• Perform sterilization of surgical equipment and instrumentation.
• Perform the cleaning and inspection of all surgical recovery supply storage areas.
• Control unprocessed tissues, including storage and transfer logging.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Prefer certification as a Surgical Technician (CST), or two years of work experience in surgical or critical care environment, or previous experience in the Tissue Banking industry. May substitute certification and previous work experience with two years of college education in a related health care or science field.
• Must be able to work with a cadaver and have a good understanding of human anatomy.
• Must be organized and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must be precise, accurate and detail-oriented.
• Ability to adapt to change and exhibit professional conduct and demeanor at all times.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Meeting requirement to be an approved driver for UTR is preferred. The requirements are as follows: must be 21 years of age or older, able to provide proper licensure credentials, a copy of a current and acceptable driving record and proof of insurance
• Must be able lift 250 lbs with assistance and 50 lbs without assistance.
• Must be able to quickly develop a good understanding of surgical conscience and aseptic technique.
• Must be able to perform with a high level of manual dexterity.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule and participate in an on-call rotation.
• Must be able to travel with little notice.
• Must be able to work around bio-hazardous material.
• Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Must be able to assimilate information and draw reasonable conclusions.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check our website to view other opportunities within our organizations to make you a part of our Family.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled