Test Project Manager (NH-1101-03) 412th Test Management Group, Edwards AFB
AFCS is currently seeking a full-time Test Project Manager in the 412th Test Management Group, NH-1101-03, in the Air Force Materiel Command, Air Force Test Center at Edwards AFB, Ca.This position is for a Test Project Manager. Test Project Managers support the 412 Test Wing by directing and/or managing cost, schedule, and content for Department of Defense (DOD) funded acquisition test programs, Foreign Military Sales (FMS), and commercial test efforts.
MAJOR POSITION DUTIES (includes but not limited to):
- Project Managers (PMs) in the 412 Test Wing manage cost, schedule, resources, and content for each program/project.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the project engineer, project pilot, logistics lead, other project team members, stakeholders, resource providers, customers, program offices, home office, and other organizations.
- Develop planning process documentation; such as Project Introduction Documents (PIDs), Test Concept Documents (TCDs), Statement of Capabilities (SOCs), Memorandums of Agreement/Understanding (MOAs/MOUs), risk analysis, and Concerto schedules.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to establish project objectives, deliverables, test concept, work scope, assumptions, constraints, resources, and risks.
- Develop project schedule and cost estimates in collaboration with stakeholders and the project team using standard tools and processes.
- Coordinate resources for timely execution of project activities. Executes, controls, and monitors project tasks according to project schedule, manage or handle risks, and resolve issues to successfully to meet cost, schedule, resource, and content commitments.
- Use and apply endorsed Test Project Management tools; such as Concerto, Project Cost Management Suite (PCMS), and Consolidate Project List (CPL) to monitor and analyze the overall project status.
- Communicate project status, accomplishments, problems/analysis/solutions, and requirements for support to key stakeholders.
- Ensure project deliverables are provided to the customer in accordance with the project plan/SOC requirements and administrative closeout procedures.
NH-1101-03 pay band with locality pay: $87,612 - $135,440
Announcement Period: 13 July 2020 – 30 Aug 2020
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business management or technical management is required from an accredited university with a focus in project management. If the bachelor’s degree does not have a project management focus, the applicant must have secondary project management certification. Certifications include; PMP, FAC-P/PM,CAPM, and/or PgMP.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP Required to handle and safeguard sensitive and/or classified information in accordance with regulations to reduce potential compromise; employee must obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance
May be subject to initial and periodic short-notice drug testing.
The employee must meet the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requirements applicable to the duties of the position.
The employee must meet the continuing acquisition education requirements IAW DoDI 5000.66 paragraph E2.2.8.
To receive additional information about current and future job openings with AFCS via email notification, please register at www.Afciviliancareers.com/linkedin-careers and sign up to “Get Career Updates.”
US Citizenship required. Equal Opportunity Employer