Scientist -Protein Engineering
ABOUT THE ROLE...
We are looking for a dynamic, self motivated and proactive protein biochemist to join our growing Science organization in Cambridge. The incumbent will be part of Inari’s Genome Editing Group, which designs, develops, and implements innovative tools for genome engineering in plant systems. As a Protein Engineering Scientist your primary role will be to enhance protein stability, activity, and compatibility with novel plant delivery systems. You will independently design, perform, and coordinate lab experiments; as well as interpret data, draw conclusions, and communicate results to different audiences. As a member of our multidisciplinary science organization, you will have the opportunity to contribute and develop your own ideas to address the most important challenges in modern agriculture.
AS A PROTEIN ENGINEER YOU WILL...
- Design and perform in vitro enzymatic assays for discovery, characterization, and optimization of novel proteins, primarily for application to genome engineering
- Optimize and troubleshoot issues in recombinant protein production, including expression level, solubility, and activity
- Collaborate with data scientists to discover and design proteins in silico
- Document and present findings through clearly written reports and effective oral presentations
- PhD or Masters degree (with equivalent experience), and 0-2 years post-doctoral or equivalent research experience in protein biochemistry, protein engineering, synthetic biology, or a related field
- Strong understanding of protein structure/function and enzymology, particularly as pertaining to nucleic acid interaction or modification
- Knowledge of the design, execution, and analysis of genome engineering experiments
- Proficiency in common laboratory techniques for protein characterization and nucleic acid analysis
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, and a passion for learning
- Ability to think strategically, and desire to be efficient, bold, and to learn from failure
- Integrity, approaching tasks with efficiency, organization, and openness
- A collaborative mindset, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback