Commercial Real Estate Intern (Fall 2020)
ABOUT NAI: NAI Global is an international commercial real estate services & strategies firm, consistently ranked as one of the five largest global brokerages with more than 6,000 employees located in 375 offices worldwide & over 1.15 billion square feet under management. For more than 30 years NAI Global offices clientele have included many of the world’s largest multinational corporations such as Nike, Citibank, Coca Cola & Dow Chemical.
NAI Partners is a rapidly growing Texas focused affiliate having doubled in size the last two years with more than 150 employees covering Austin, San Antonio & Houston. NAI Partners’ Austin operation was recently recognized by the Austin Business Journal on their “Best Places to Work” publication.
The NAI Partners Internship Program is tailored to highly motivated students interested in pursuing a career in commercial real estate long-term. Competitive applicants will be quick learners, able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and willing to commit at least 20 hours a week to the job. NAI Partners is recognized for having the strongest professional network in the Austin real estate community. Historically, graduates of our program have gone on to make waves in Austin real estate and currently represent millions of square feet in the Austin office market. All of our interns receive a veteran mentor, within their desired field, who they will work closely with throughout their time at NAI.
Upon the completion of the program, interns can expect to leave with a versatile skill set which includes:
- General understanding of the real estate market
- High level sales experience
- Negotiation skills
- Strong relationships and an expansive network
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Track local venture capital activity as well as Austin companies with recent funding announcements or exciting new products
· Conduct prospective tenant research
· Work hand in hand with the tenant representation and investment sales teams
· Stay ahead of industry trends
· Conduct relevant market research, which will contribute to highly impactful presentations materials for clients
· Place a strong emphasis on high quality work and heavily scrutinize client deliverables
· Sit in on client meetings
· Can commit to a 20+ hour work week during the fall semester
· Ability to network and develop strong relationships
· Detail-oriented and highly motivated
· First to third year University of Texas student, preferably studying a business discipline or other relevant field