MidAtlantic Chapter Intern
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is a national non-profit organization dedicated to ending prostate cancer. Our mission is to save lives and stop pain and suffering by advancing research, encouraging action, and providing education and support to prostate cancer patients and their families.
ZERO directs a national run/walk series to raise money for prostate cancer research and patient support programs. We are currently seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to assist our Events Team during our spring and/or fall run/walk season.
ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer is seeking a motivated, dedicated individual to assist our Mid-Atlantic Chapter Director with developing and advancing chapter growth within our National Run/Walk Program. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking real-life fundraising, development, and events experience in the non-profit sector. The intern will learn and gain hands-on experience under the guidance of experienced professionals.
There is nothing more important than you and your family’s safety and well-being. Like many institutions and organizations across the country, ZERO implemented a work from home policy beginning on March 12, 2020, and continuing until further notice. We have been monitoring the COVID-19 issue with great scrutiny and we believe that this is the best course of action for ZERO and ZERO staff.
As for the ZERO Internship Program, we want to assure you that your educational experience at ZERO is still important to us.
- Supporting volunteer recruitment communication, and retention efforts
- Updating and creating event logistic materials
- Answering phone calls and emails from Run/Walk participants
- Troubleshoot registration issues
- Soliciting in-kind donations (gift certificates, food, etc.)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong computer skills & a quick learner of new technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a good sense of humor
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends
- Interest in learning about and sharing in our mission
Part-time internships are available between the hours of 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday. With communication, start and end days of internship are flexible.
Interested applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Please include ‘MidAtlantic Chapter Internship’ in the subject line.