Commercial Management Trainee
The SRS Distribution Commercial Management Training Program is designed to be a hands-on program, where you will learn and make contributions on your first day! You will have full access to everyone at the branch, while mentored by a team of people, even up to your Senior VP. Your goal is to learn all aspects of our business, culture, and core values, so that you can rise quickly into commercial leadership positions in technical sales, design, purchasing, operations and branch management and beyond. We have a dedicated Talent Management team working with you and your mentors so that your experience is like no other in the industry.
SRS believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
Looking for smart, hard-working students or graduates with the following criteria and interests:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management and/or a strong technical aptitude, academic achievements and work ethic.
- Ready for a hands-on, in depth 8 to 18-month program at a branch.
- Opportunities to relocate for promotions to advance career in another market available.
- Career Path: Technical commercial sales, design, purchasing, operations and branch management and beyond.
If this is you and we’ve piqued your interest, read on for the details of our program.
The Commercial “MIT” program:
Commercial Management Trainees will be hands-on from day one as you learn every position in the branch, our products from our manufacturers and their application processes from our contractors. Other training will consist of individual coaching, conference calls, webinars, online courses, product demonstrations, and a 2-week training class in Dallas, TX a few months after you start. At corporate, you will meet the people who support and our executive team, learn valuable information from industry legends, and add key sales and management skills to help you shine. It’s here where you will also meet other Management Trainees from across the US.
The Commercial Management Trainee Program is designed to last approximately 8 to 18 months. Each person and branch is different and thus the suggested assignments and timelines may vary. You will gain knowledge and experience regarding how to manage a multimillion-dollar SRS distribution center, by mastering the following subject areas such as; product knowledge, software, fleet maintenance, safety, warehouse operations, human resources (people management and recruiting), financial performance, sales administration, pricing, supply chain, purchasing, transportation, and sales.
Your goal is to be promoted. Many will become a leader in technical sales, design, purchasing, operations or commercial branch management and beyond. As a Branch Manager, you will act like a CEO and manage and grow a branch of your own by developing your people; building relationships with your staff, customers, and vendors; creating a plan for your branch; forecasting and managing a budget; selling our products; and being a visible member in the community. All with the support of a strong management team and a supportive corporate staff. You will be required to work smart and have fun along the way.
We look for:
- Outstanding people in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree or will graduate in Fall 2019/Spring 2020. We prefer a major in Construction Management or similar major. If a similar major then a strong technical aptitude is needed.
- Work experiences with a notably strong work ethic and exceptional references. Work experience that shows your interest in management or distribution will help you stand out with us.
- Academic record and aptitude for learning. We would like to see a 3.0 GPA or higher, though we have a great understanding for students who work part-time or full-time while attending school.
- Skills: computer, CAD design, negotiations, strategy, organization, time management, sales and communications.
- Roles in leadership positions and/or teams in school and at work.
- Personable people who have built strong and lasting relationships with others.
- Embrace the mindset of the “Make Money, Have Fun and Give Back!” culture.
- People open to relocate to a city to train and then again for promotions.
- Candidates who have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, reliable transportation, are authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship in the US, and will pass criminal and driving background check with a pre-employment drug test will be considered.