Skills Fund is on a mission to transform student lives and careers by providing access to tech bootcamps and skills training programs. We partner with schools that meet our high quality standards and offer simple, transparent loans for tuition and living expenses to their students. With our school partners, we’ve helped over 10,000 students access life-changing programs and raised the bar for education quality and outcomes.
We’re looking for a Marketing Intern who can drive growth and customer acquisition by executing campaigns, reviewing existing marketing activities, and refining Skills Fund’s message to borrowers at each step of their education and career change journey.
This job description outlines the objective, primary responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications of the Skills Fund Marketing Intern.
Objective: The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting Skills Fund in the development and implementation of its marketing and engagement with students and schools. This objective will be accomplished through developing, maintaining, and expanding marketing methodologies and channels.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
- You will participate in training during the first week to expose you to our culture and provide you with a knowledge base to draw upon throughout the remainder of your internship and beyond
- Compensation – Interns receive a competitive salary of $16.00 per hour
- Experience with Executives – At the end of the internship, you will develop a 30-minute pitch/presentation to Skills Fund Executives of one core idea for Skills Fund that you developed during your internship
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor social media channels and make recommendations to improve relevance and student engagement
- Coordinate and schedule social media posts
- Help develop new initiatives to engage students that raise awareness for Skills Fund
- Support in executing various marketing campaigns across digital, email, and social media channels
- Assist in the development of resources for school support
- Conduct and support marketing research initiatives including reviewing quantitative and qualitative data from various channels. For example, evaluate website referral traffic to Skills Fund’s websites by reviewing referring website content, link structure, and performance history.
- Coordinate customer outreach to Skills Fund borrowers and bootcamp graduates to collect their experiences and gather feedback
- Prepare and implement a monthly marketing calendar to ensure appropriate and timely activity
- Provide and coordinate feedback/testing for user experience enhancements in the website and Loan Origination System (LOS)
- Opportunity to learn or grow your skills within the following platforms: Canva; HubSpot; WordPress; Spacecraft; Yotpo; Google Suite including: Data Studio, Drive, Analytics, Ads
- Opportunity to create and design written and video content for various channels
- Must be available to work for at least 10 – 20 hours a week during business hours
- Must be available to work for at least 6 months
- Must be studying marketing, advertising/PR, communications, advertising, or equivalent relevant major
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership qualities and potential
- Ability to learn additional platforms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Canva, Google Analytics, HubSpot, WordPress a plus
- Experience in marketing a plus
Ready to Apply?
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (if applicable). To learn more about Skills Fund and our company culture, please visit our Careers page. We are based in Austin, TX, and our team is currently working fully remotely.