ULN EL: Program Assistant
Program Assistant will work closely with all Student Engagement programs through The Center for Community Engagement. They will assist with all stages of planning, promotion, and assessment for The Project, including outreaching to community partners, connecting new partners to CCE programs, and assessing all stages of The Project training and planning process. They will also assist as needed with Alternative Breaks, The Tower Awards, the Student Summit for Social Change, and the UT Volunteer Fair. Interns will learn the importance and process of planning an event based on previous assessments and will create or modify event assessments to capture data related to new goals.
Google’s Employee Resource Group and the Center for Community Engagement (CCE) are partnering to host the Google Community Mentor program. Google mentors, alongside UT Austin students recruited by CCE, will work together to complete a specialized community service project that meets a local nonprofit's needs.
1. Interns will be able to articulate the mission and vision for CCE and its programs to peers, campus partners, and community members.
2. Interns will demonstrate ability to create program assessments based on learning outcomes and stretch goals.
3. Interns will be able to articulate skills they have gained through working in CCE and the ways in which those skills can be applied to future internships/jobs.
4. Interns will demonstrate basic skills in program planning and event management.
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to take on new projects
- Interest in service and community engagement
- Available consistently each week