Associate Content Editor
America’s Test Kitchen seeks a talented associate editor to edit content for the print and online versions of its flagship publication, Cook’s Illustrated Magazine. If you’re a detail-oriented editor; an engaging writer; and have a passion for food and cooking, this job may be for you.
What you’ll do:
- Research, write, and edit articles, short pieces, and sidebars for print and web on topics including food history and culture, recipe development, and science.
- Help attract new audiences to our website by repurposing published print material into a more dynamic digital format, along with creating new web-only content.
- Update the Cook’s Illustrated home page with engaging, tightly edited headlines and help produce digital version of print magazine.
- Take part in daily recipe tastings with the Cook’s Illustrated team and contribute feedback that helps determine a new recipe’s direction.
What we’re looking for:
- Editorial and/or journalism experience, preferably 3+ years.
- Witty, creative writer with excellent research skills.
- Deep knowledge of—and interest in—food and cooking.
- Fluency in digital publishing tools (CMS, digital asset management, etc.).
- Flexible team player who is comfortable with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- We have great people: The Cook’s Illustrated team—and the entire America’s Test Kitchen staff—is a smart, dedicated bunch that works hard and has fun doing it.
- We eat well: Not only will you be tasting great food in the test kitchen, but there’s a “take-home fridge” where you can often grab dinner for that night.
- We have nice digs: The Test Kitchen office is a big, modern, sun-filled space in the Seaport.